Table of Contents
This page contains a reference list to all the information available on the game, we will continue to update this regularly as more interviews surface and content is released!
We have included some highlights of the interviews, and simple translations of some of the information only available in Japanese
For up to the minute info check out our
The official website is short on words and high in graphic content, including a short trailer, and is available in both Japanese and English.
IGN gameplay reveal
By IGN. 10 April 2013.
Besides Gameplay, there was also a Q&A with FromSoftware director, Yui Tanimura and Global producer NamcoBandai, Tak Miyazoe.
- Lot of the Mechanics of Dark Souls 1 will be present in the sequel, like Bonfires and Estus flasks.
- You can light torches, which you can carry to see in dark places.
- Dual-wield combat is present.
- Dragons will be a key-element of the game.
by Edge. 15 Dec 2012
by [Edge Online]. [17 Dec 2012]
by 4Gamer. Dec 2012.
- Re-tread of previous Edge discussions.
- The decision for Miyazaki to move from director to supervisor was made by the company. It is unclear if this is Namco or From. He is currently directing another project.
- Shibuya: Dark Souls II is "not a sequel in terms of story" to Dark Souls, but the two games are set in the same world.
- The game will have the same mapping style as Dark Souls and will be slightly larger overall.
- Shibuya is hoping to "ease new players in" with the first segments of the game, then include the traditional Souls experience afterward. The game will require careful attention from the player.
- A dedicated server system will complement the online aspects of the game.
- Shibuya believes Dark Souls conveyed a sense of loneliness and despair, and hopes to convey "sorrow" in the next title.
- Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss won the Playstation Awards 2012 User's Choice Award.
- Dark Souls sold at least 1.5m units.