One of the first covenants you're able to join in Dark Souls 2, The Way of the Blue, also referred to as "the covenant of the meek", is a co-op covenant that allows Blue Sentinels, wearing the Guardian's Seal, to summon themselves to your world automatically when you are being invaded, in order to protect you. This covenant is mostly aimed towards players who have trouble beating invaders or just like to have some added security.
How to Join Way of the Blue
As soon as you reach Majula, you can head up the hill past the bonfire, towards a large monument structure. Crestfallen Saulden is sitting in front of it, and he will invite you to join the covenant upon exhausting his dialogue. Crestfallen Saulden will give the player a Blue Seal upon joining the covenant. This ring slightly increases the wearer's HP, so it can also be useful for people who plan to join a different covenant later. It's NOT necessary to equip this ring in order to summon Blue Sentinels to aid you.
Ranks are obtained by killing invaders. You do not need to wear the covenant ring to acquire rank score.
|1||Defeat one invading phantom||Bloodbite Ring|
|2||Defeat 5 invading phantoms||Hush|
|3||Defeat 10 invading phantoms||Blue Tearstone Ring|
Notes, Hints and Tips
- Defeating invading NPC phantoms that show an invasion notice counts toward rank requirements as well.
- Summoning an invader yourself via a Red Soapstone sign or a Dragon Eye and defeating them does NOT count.
- Blue invaders, aka Arbiter invaders, do NOT count toward rank score.
- Bell Keepers, also known as grey phantoms, do NOT count towards rank.
- All of the items you get by gaining ranks in this covenant can be found or acquired somewhere else as well.
- After patch 1.0.4 you do not need to wear the Blue Seal to summon Blue Sentinels.
- If your Blue Sentinel protector dies, another (or the same) will be summoned as long as the invader is still present in your world.