Heirs of the Sun is a co-op focused multiplayer Covenant in Dark Souls 2. It is one of the most well-known covenants, granting the gesture "praise the sun," and the Sunlight Spear, which have become icons of the series.
Covenant Leader: The Sun
Where to Join: Harvest Valley
How to Join Heirs of the Sun
In Harvest Valley, after the 2nd bonfire (The Mines), take a right after you leave said bonfire and then another right towards the small area where the floor is covered with poison gas and you see two Dark Magic Giants. Kill the Steelworker Undead (the undead with the big hammer) standing across the bridge. Cross this small bridge and turn left to get into a small cave, but beware the Sickle Wielder that's standing around the corner. Continue until you reach the end and you'll find a broken statue similar to Dark Souls 1. Pray to it, and you'll be asked to join the covenant.
Heirs to the Sun is the sole co-op covenant in the game. Sunlight Medals are awarded for defeating area bosses in co-op; however, you and/or the summoned phantom must be a member of the covenant to earn them. Covenant members are easy to spot as both they and their signs placed by the White Sign Soapstone glow yellow. Earned medals can be offered at the Heirs of the Sun statue in Harvest Valley to increase one's rank. Medals are the only way to gain rank in the covenant.
Additionally, they can be dropped by Falconers in the Things Betwixt (NG+ only), Shaded Woods, Brightstone Cove Tseldora, and by Banediggers in Harvest Valley.
|1||10 Sunlight Medals||Sunlight Parma|
|2||20 Sunlight Medals||Sun Sword|
|3||30 Sunlight Medals||Sunlight Spear|
- Sun Seal: Ring of the Heirs of the Sun covenant. Slightly increases miracle attack power.
- Sunlight Medal: Medals earned by defeating a boss together with a member of the Heirs of the Sun.
Notes, Hints, and Tips
- Unlike in Dark Souls 1, there is no Faith requirement to join this covenant.
- Players in this covenant are often referred to as "Sunbros" by the online community.
- This covenant does not have an NPC related to it.
- Players might want to leave this covenant after obtaining all of the rewards, because there will be nothing else left to fight for and the covenant does not have a unique merchant. It is also still possible to engage in jolly co-operation using your soapstones, just without the grossly incandescent aura. It is more likely to be summoned while in the covenant, however, from the more noticeable sign and the fact that the world master gets a reward.
- Farming the Guardian Dragon boss is especially fruitful. Frequent summons and the dragon's weakness to lightning make this an easy fight for any up and coming Heir of the Sun.
- Players attempting to achieve max rank in this covenant should consider joining as early as possible. It is much easier to find, and succeed in, co-op opportunities in the mid-game than it is to do so in the late-game.
- Glitch: Sometimes you won't receive a Sunlight Medal, even after defeating the boss (PC). You are supposed to gain one from either summoning a Sunbro to your world or being a Sunbro and being summoned for a boss. There is no current solution or definitive reason why this happens.
- Glitch (FIXED): When being invaded, kneeling down at the altar will make you invulnerable. (I was invading as a Red Phantom and tried to backstab the host at the altar. Howerver nothing happened. He didn´t even get hit at all. Not from spells, items or different weapons).