White Sign Soapstone
White Sign Soapstone is a multiplayer item in Dark Souls 2.
- Places a White Summon Sign onto the ground, which other players can use to gain assistance in their world.
- Members of the Heirs of the Sun will produce a Gold Summon Sign with this item.
- Can be used while hollowed or human, but only human players can see placed signs.
- Summoned players are referred to as "phantoms".
- One can only summon 2 phantoms at a time - this includes NPC phantoms, but does not include invading phantoms.
- One can summon 5 phantoms at a time in the Direct X 11 version of the game. (In SOTFS, the maximum seems to be 3 phantoms - Tested on Steam version)
- The message "Your summon sign has disappeared." will appear if another player is attempting to invade your world, if you leave the area, or if you enter the boss zone. It will also disappear if you place a Red Summon Sign, or if a player attempts to summon your phantom, but dies or leaves the area before doing so. In these circumstances, no message will appear.
- See Small White Sign Soapstone page for its details and function. The primary difference is that the small soapstone is intended for shorter co-op sessions.
- Online matchmaking is governed by Soul Memory.
- After reaching the time limit summoned phantoms will see the message "Duty Fulfilled" and return to their world with their rewards (see below). The time limit for the full-sized White Sign Soapstone is very large by default, see the table below for exact times.
- Killing enemies reduces the time limit, and tougher enemies typically subtract larger amounts of time.
- Killing the area boss immediately ends the session, and returns the phantom home with their rewards.
- If the host enters a fog gate within which the area boss is not present, all phantoms will be returned to their worlds - without any reward.
- When the host player is invaded by a Red Phantom, a Gray Phantom or an Abyss Phantom [Confirmation Required] the summoned player cannot use any items including Estus Flask or Lifegems to heal themselves (just like the invaders). [Health items; Monastery Charm, Dragon Charm, Small Smooth and Silky Stone, Smooth and Silky Stone testing required (none of them work, tested on PC at cal 1.07)]
- there is a glitch when the host player is invaded by an NPC, after killing him/her there is a chance that it may not re-enable the healing items for the summoned phantom (occurred once by the Nameless Usurper before Twin Dragonriders, by others it worked as it should ...needs testing and confirmation)
- A player who have already defeated all bosses of the area you've put your summon sign in, cannot summon you, for there would be no means of getting the "Duty Fulfilled" message. If you need to help a friend who've already defeated all area bosses, use the
Small White Sign Soapstone instead. (Tested in SOTFS Steam version, this info needs further testing in other versions of the game)
- For example, during our testing session, we could only summon each other in Heide's Tower of Flame first bonfire while the Old Dragonslayer or the Dragonrider were still alive. After killing both, only small summon signs appeared, and not necessarily ours only, every large summon sign disappeared.
- Given to you by Mild Mannered Pate in the Forest of Fallen Giants after you walk through the nearby gate entrance and subsequently cause it to close behind you, trapping you inside. Eliminating all enemies in that area isn't necessary, simply returning to Pate will reward you with the sign.
- if you kill him before he gives it to you, you can revive him for 2000 souls at his gravestone.
- White Phantoms receive one Token of Fidelity upon success.
- Gold Phantoms - members of Heirs of the Sun receive one Sunlight Medal upon success.
- Summoned players become human for the duration of the session. If the session is successful, the summoned player remains human when they return to their world, useful for those wishing to conserve Human Effigy.
- Item durability and spell uses are restored to their maximum level.
- To maximize the possibility of being summoned by a friend;
- The Name-Engraved Ring restricts your ability to see summon signs from players who do not bear the ring, and the same chosen god. See its page for more information.
- Place your sign in a hidden area, under a breakable object, or under shallow water.
- Placing your sign near bonfires, boss rooms, and other well-travelled areas will increase the frequency with which you are summoned by other players. If you wish to play with someone specific, these areas should be avoided.
Multiplayer Time Limits
|Item||Time Limit (Original)||Time Limit (Scholar of the First Sin)|
|White Sign Soapstone||1h 6m 40s||~56m 30s|
|White Sign Soapstone w/ Name-Engraved Ring||1h 40m||~1h 24m 30s|