- Previous: Iron Keep
- Next: Grave of Saints
- Recommended Levels: 80 to 90
- Bonfires: Belfry Sol Approach
Belfry Sol Map
NPCs in Belfry Sol
- Bell Keeper Doll / Puppet Phantom
- Mage Phantom (Does not respawn)
- 2x Ultra Greatsword and Greatshield Phantoms (Do not respawn)
- Dual Avelyn Phantoms (Does not respawn)
- Bell Keeper Invader
- Mad Warrior (Respawns, rare)
- A rare black phantom NPC called the Mad Warrior can spawn in the corner in front of the tower with the ladder used to access the rooftop. He is a very rare spawn, and he can drop the Mad Warrior set as well as the Berserker Blade, both with a rare drop rate. In order for him to spawn, one must be a part of the Bell Keeper covenant. See the Mad Warrior page for tips on farming / encouraging him to spawn. This NPC can be used to help level the Bell Keeper Covenant up.
- The dual wield avelyn Phantoms do not respawn and have a chance to drop the Black Witch Domino Mask. You can reset them by using a Bonfire Ascetic.
- This is a highly active PvP area, entering it online WILL result in at least one invasion, with potential of three (two gray invaders and a red or blue).
- You may co-op in this area by placing your sign quickly, then moving back into a 'safe' zone such as the end area through the fog.
- You can skip this area and return to the ledge before the bonfire by climbing the ladder, standing on the side opposite at the top and walking forward angled to the right of the ladder. This is only useful if you decided to skip the Smelter Demon and need another bonfire since the area in itself is optional or if you are unable to wade through the sea of invaders.
Belfry Sol Walkthrough
Area is accessible through the Iron keep, via a Pharros Lockstone Hidden Wall. The Bell Guardian Leader will be here, next to a fog gate. Speak to him if you wish to join the Bell Keepers Covenant. Through the fog, you'll find Belfry Sol. If the Bell Guardian Leader is dead, there will be a gravestone next to the fog gate asking for an offering of 4,500 souls.
The Inside of Sol
Immediately after entering through the fog you will be attacked by Fire Keepers and Bell Keeper Mage, which uses a form of pyromancy when jabbing with the staff. The Fire Keepers have a rare chance to drop Fire Whip. Further ahead, you'll find another Fire Keeper and a Greatsword Bell Keeper.
Straight ahead, towards the ballista, make a left and run towards the towers on the far wall. In the small tower to the right, is the lever to ring the bell; An NPC Bell Keeper will also invade you shortly after entering the fog, and will spawn here. In the left tower, there is a ladder to the rooftops. Behind the left tower you'll find a corpse with a Simpleton's Spice, where you will also encounter a Dual Avelyn Bell Keeper. Defeat him and head along the roof to reach another corpse holding a Simpleton's Spice. To the left is the doorway that was blocked by gated walls when you were on ground level. From here, head down to take out the Greatsword Bell Keeper and his Bell Keeper friends, and on the right of the door is a corpse holding yet another Simpleton's Spice.
Leaving & Returning
Through the door, you'll find a chest containing the Immolation Pyromancy Spell. Head down the stairs and turn around at the bottom to find a corpse holding a Human Effigy and a Triclops Snake Troches. Go through the doorway to return to Iron Keep via a small ledge. On this ledge on the right wall, find an Illusory Wall which opens up to a room holding two chests, one containing the Black Knight Greatsword, and the other containing a Protective Chime and the Grand Spirit Tree Shield. You'll also find the Belfry Sol Bonfire here, and the ladder up to Belfry Sol, back to the Bell Guardian Leader.