Simpleton's Spice is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
- Lowers INT requirement of a spell by 1, to a minimum of 10. (Similar to Skeptic's Spice for miracles)
- You can use Spice multiple times on the same spell.
- Can be used to lower the INT requirement for hexes.
- Affects all of a spell type, not just the single scroll chosen.
- Take to Magerold of Lanafir in the Iron Keep to use.
- You can use as many spices as you want on one spell, until the spell only requires 10 int and/or faith.
- Spell duration stacks with intelligence not catalyst power.
- Spell strength stacks with catalyst power not intelligence.
- This MAY effect spell efficiency. (Tested with Great Soul Arrow, Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Heavy Soul Arrow, damage remained the same before and after spicing)
- 2 in Harvest Valley after the "The Mines" bonfire. down the center hole into the cave filled with poison gas and another in one of the of the tunnels in the area with the sickle wielding undead.
- 1 in Earthen Peak at the opposite end of the outside ledge, where Gilligan is standing.
- 1 in Brightstone Cove Tseldora under the webs just before The Duke's Dear Freja.
- 1 in Iron Keep. Go up the ladder past the Mimic Chest and drop to the ledges below.
- (Actually Simpletons's spices) 3 in Belfry Sol in Iron Keep. First on a body between the tower with the stairs to the roof and the outer fence, second near the fence on the roof with the dual Avelyn NPC, and the final one near the fence close to the bottom of the ladder beside the exit fog gate. This is the easiest area to farm for this item with bonfire ascetics, as there are three locations very close to one another.
- 2 in Undead Crypt on the hidden ledge under the stairs with the two knights just past Grave Warden Agdayne's room. Fall next to the ladder in the corner.The second just outside the second bonfire.
- 1 in Aldia's Keep, just before the second Ogre breaks the wall.
- 1 in Iron Passage in one of the cells holding an Ashen Warrior after the second lever.
- 1 bought from Sorcerer Carhillion of the Fold for 13,000 souls.
- 1 is rewarded by Royal Sorcerer Navlaan for killing Cale.
- Dropped by the hollows near the Harval's Resting Place bonfire in Grave of Saints.
- Dropped by white undead mages in Brightstone Cove Tseldora (very uncommon).
- Dropped by Leydia Witches in Undead Crypt (very uncommon).
- (SotFS confirmed) Dropped by Insolent Spirits in Undead Crypt after lighting the sconces on the bridge and below the shortcut area. It's advised that you first beat the boss and light all bonfires and only attempt to kill the spirits after. Do not light the sconces if you don't wish to kill them yet. (fairly common drop)
- 3 can be farmed in Belfry Sol in Iron Keep and only requires you defeat The Old Iron King for the first time making this by far the most efficient method as the 2 enemies that can drop it do so extremely rarely
- 2 can be farmed in Harvest Valley via "The Mines" bonfire but you will have to defeat the Covetous Demon each time. You will also net 2 Skeptic's spice.