Faith is an Attribute in Dark Souls 2. Faith determines your character's lightning bonus, lightning defence, and casting speed. Attributes can be increased by assigning points into them when Leveling Up.
Attribute required for miracles and other spells. Boosts proficiency in lightning and fire ATK and DEF. Boost spell casting speed.
- Raises Casting Speed
- Raises fire, lightning, dark, bleed bonus
- Raises fire, lightning, dark, bleed resistance
- Slightly increases HP for each point: +2 HP (0-20), +1 HP (21-50), +0 HP (51-99)
- The Sorcerer begins with the lowest Faith at 4 and the Cleric starts with the highest Faith at 12.
- Miracles and Hexes require a minimum faith level to cast. Some special weapons also have a faith requirement.
- The soft cap for faith bonuses appears to be at 40 faith.
- See here for equipment with faith requirements
Faith Data Table
|Faith Level||Total Lightning Bonus||Lightning Bonus Gain|
Adaptability ♦ Agility ♦ Attunement ♦ Bonfires ♦ Dexterity ♦ Endurance ♦ Equipment Load ♦ Intelligence ♦ Soul Memory ♦ Stamina ♦ Stats ♦ strength ♦ Vigor ♦ Vitality
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I might have missed some, so comment if there are others, but the items that increase Faith that I'm aware of are:
Hexer's Hood (+1)
Priestess Headpiece (+1)
White Priest Headpiece (+1)
Saint's Hood (+1)
Crown of the Sunken King (+1)
Black Hood (+2)
King's Crown (+3)
Vessel Shield (+1)
Chime of Screams (Up to +8, greater bonus at lower base Faith levels)
Ring of Prayer (+5)
Was hoping to get info on all faith boosting items...
intelligence is better
If I do a bleed build should I uprage my faith a little? (of course I will level up my dex)
Keep faith in yourself.