Intelligence is an Attribute in Dark Souls 2. Dexterity determines your character's magic bonus, magic defense, and casting speed. Attributes can be increased by assigning points into them when Leveling Up.
Attribute required for sorceries and other spells. Boosts proficiency in magic and dark ATK and DEF. Boosts spell casting speed.
- Raises magic bonus
- Raises fire, dark bonus
- Raises magic, fire, dark defense
- Raises Casting Speed
- Slightly increases HP for each point: +2 HP (0-20), +1 HP (21-50), +0 HP (51-99)
- The Bandit begins with the lowest Intelligence at 1 and the Sorcerer starts with the highest Intelligence at 14.
- Sorceries and Hexes require a minimum intelligence level to cast. Some special weapons also have an intelligence requirement.
- The soft cap for intelligence bonuses appears to be at 40 intelligence.
- Intelligence affects the number of Homing Soul Mass and Homing Crystal Soul Mass. 15 INT = 2 orbs, 24 INT = 3 orbs, 30 INT = 4 orbs, and 40 INT = 5 orbs.
- Intelligence affects the number of Affinity. 40 INT = 3 orbs, 50 INT = 4 orbs, 60 INT = 5 orbs.
- See here for equipment with intelligence requirements
Intelligence Data Table
|Intelligence level||Total Magic Bonus per level||Magic Bonus Gain per level|
Adaptability ♦ Agility ♦ Attunement ♦ Bonfires ♦ Dexterity ♦ Endurance ♦ Equipment Load ♦ Faith ♦ Soul Memory ♦ Stamina ♦ Stats ♦ strength ♦ Vigor ♦ Vitality
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
For INT-based spells, Sorceries require 64 INT to be able to use all (Soul Geyser has the highest requirement) and for Hexes, 65 INT is the minimum to use everything (Blinding Bolt).
These magic bonus numbers don't match my game at all (sotfs). In fact, I seem to have hit a pretty hard soft cap at 20 int (gaining less than 1 magic bns per level). Am I missing something or is my game glitched?
faith is better
Can anyone tell me what that symbol is actually representing? It's either a torch, two dudes praising at each other, or a mask of some sort. Or something else.