Denial is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
An ancient miracle owed to the cardinal of Shulva.
Challenge fate one time when HP reaches 0.
Originally intended to grant the dying a few moments for a final farewell.
- Dragon's Sanctum
- Inside the circular door near the spike field. The player must shoot arrows at switches to open it.
- Denial Miracle Location
- Added with DLC | Crown of the Sunken King
- Once the player receives a lethal blow while this Miracle is active, it revives you with 1 HP left. The effect is similar to Second Chance from Demon's Souls.
- Does not prevent death from fall damage.
- Does not prevent death from the giant boulder in Memory of Jeigh.
- Lasts roughly 240 seconds. (tested since Ivory King DLC)
- Northern Ritual Band, Hexer's Hood and Saint's Hood all increase casts by 1 but they do not stack with each other.
- almost all self buffs like (Sacred Oath, Unleash magic, Numbness, Brigthbug and even green glossom) override Denial.
- It also Cant be used with Balms.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
When it says self buffs, is that just spells/consumables or do rings/shields/armor effects also remove it? And what about weapon buffs? I assume not but..
lingering dragoncrest ring +1 is able to increase the duration, about 45~60 seconds.
Can someone check if the duration of the spell is tied to your faith stat? Used some spice to lower the number of faith requiered to 14 and now the spell only last for 60 seconds so it's pretty much useless
Crown of the Old Iron King with Vendrick's Blessing grants essentially infinite uptime.
Its the Divine Heir
Works well with the red tearstone ring.
Sure it wasn’t fun to face in two, but at least you could only cast it once and it had a damn time limit. DS3 ****ing ruined the spell by making it a cheap get out of jail free card that required practically no investment to use.
Almost missed that on my first run
rather impractical when the enemy kills you on the second of a 3-hit attack
"Consuming Green Blossom cansels the effect." Who let the nine year old edit the page?
WARNING: If denial runs out at the same time it activates, the visual effect will take place, but you will still die as normal. (Happened to me in the Old Chaos)
Also worth noting that this spell does NOT save you from the damage caused by the Abyss Seal (tested on PS4 SotFS)
Absolutely amazing miracle in the later game when bosses deal one hit kills. Basically doubles your chances.
I can't attune denial on my bonfire, is there à reason?
I used denial then rested at the bon fire and got a denial back and still with the effect of the first one. Try it and tell me
Also casting a regeneration spell such as replenishment or resplendent life on yourself will nullify denial's effect