Short Range AoE
Heavenly Thunder is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
"Emits lightnings in random directions.
Scholars bicker over whether this is the original Lightning Spear, or a derivative.
One can never gain full control of the power of the Gods, but with a little favor from lady luck, this spell will destroy your foes."
- Purchased from Blue Sentinel Targray after joining the Blue Sentinel covenant.
- Purchased from Cromwell the Pardoner for 3300
- Fires erratically, and does high damage with pillars of lightning.
- Essentially a lightning version of Fire Tempest. While it is faster to cast, the lightning strikes are more random and don't linger as long as the Fire Tempest per strike. It's also not as likely to even hit a target in the first place, making it a risky choice.
- Recommended against groups of enemies.
- Also extremely useful when standing in water, as the lightning will spread and cause nearly all the water immediately around you to become damaging to enemies.
- Perfect for slow large enemies, such as Ancient Dragon boss. In the last one's case just run under him, spam the miracle until you're out of stamina and then get out to avoid his fire breath attack.
- This miracle has, by far, the highest potential miracle damage per attunement slot in the game against several large enemies and bosses, especially while standing in water.
- While in water, with around 50 faith and a fully upgraded lightning-infused chime, it is possible to deal over 2,000 damage with a well-timed and well-placed cast.
- While not in water, the miracle may still deal upwards of 1,400 damage per cast against large enemies.
- Due to the fast casting speed of this miracle, it may often be cast consecutively to severely reduce the chances of a "whiff", as well as to double the damage.
- Since the individual lightning bolts are somewhat narrow, it is relatively common for this spell to entirely miss small or player-sized enemies. However this issue is irrelevant in water, where the lightning arcs and causes the bolts to become much wider.
- This miracle can be quite effective against shielded enemies, because the bolts will often bypass the shield.