Ranged single target damage spell. Very small AoE.
Lightning Spear is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
"A miracle that launches a spear of lightning.
Said to be the legacy of an ancient clan whose leader was revered as the God of Sun.
The name of the clan has been lost to time, but the gross incandescence of our magnificent father shall never wane."
- Purchase from Licia of Lindeldt for 6000 souls. Initially, she only sells one copy, but later sells three more and eventually unlimited castings of it when certain progress is made in the game
- After opening the Shrine of Winter, she sells unlimited copies of the spell.
- One can be found in a chest in Earthen Peak. After opening Pate's door from the other side, dropping down to the left of the door will reveal a pillared area -- in the back right corner is a chest with a Lightning Spear inside.
- Hurled bolt of lightning, considerably faster cast than its Dark Souls counterpart.
- This spell has a small AoE that will affect the original target and enemies that stand close to the original target. The AoE does 20% of the damage of the original spear, but still does a small amount of poise break.
- If the enemy is in a river or in any body of water, it will also conduct a small AoE that will also affect enemies within the blast radius.
- Spell Uses and Damage were changed on Calibration 1.08. Both got nerf despite patch notes saying it should do more damage.