Blinding Bolt is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
"A miracle that creates a giant soul mass and transforms it into a lightning-spouting orb of light.
Crafted in ancient times by the God of Sun, but later forbidden by the same deity. Was it to protect the world from hatred, or sorrow?"
- Traded by the Old King Soul from Straid of Olaphis. After defeating Old Iron King in Iron Keep on NG+ or by using a Bonfire Ascetic.
- Fires a small ball of light high above the air, eventually making a complete stop where it will explode in a flurry of lightning bolts. As of the newest patch, this miracle was majorly buffed, making it a very viable spell in PvP due to moderate damage and high firing speeds. Best used on large targets or groups due to its inaccurate nature. It also creates an opportunity for healing.
- Since it only requires 1 slot, highly recommened to get multiple copies to get more casting (recommended: 3 copies) by farming Old Iron King.
- At 65 faith, with the combination of Lightning Dragon Chime +5, Sun Seal and Lightning Clutch Ring it deals approximately 700-800 damage per hit.
- As of calibration 1.10 it deals less poise damage.