Medium range AoE centered on self, approximately lock-on range or slightly less.
Soul Appease is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
"One of the lost miracles preserved only in the Undead Crypt. Inflicts heavy damage on mindless Hollows, but has no effect on anything else.
The Undead Crypt is a place of rest for the living. Those afflicted by the curse can only pray to one day gain entrance."
- Sold by Stone Trader Chloanne.
- Sold by Grave Warden Agdayne.
Useful for clearing out some of the groups of basic undead, such as the small mummies around Straid's cell, and the non-crawling Congregation members in the Wandering Magus boss fight, mages and underwater hollows in Shrine of Amana. Also does very high damage against players that are undead, but none against players that are human.
It's worth noting that this spell has an enormous range, much bigger than the animation suggests which can also hit through walls. Not only that but it also works on more than just humanoid hollows. (E.G. both Royal Rat Bosses and all their rats) If you're an invader and the host is hollow, you can also take full advantage of this spell to use as a PBAoE nuke. Invading with a +6 normal priest's chime, I could easily do over 600 to some hosts.
This spell is also effective against The Rotten.
Does not work on the Archdrake Pilgrims in the Shrine of Amana.
The spell's hitbox is dome shaped and is unlikely to hit enemies situated below the caster's feet.
- Affected Enemies (SoTFS): Undead Traveler, Undead Pig, Hollow Infantry, Hollow Soldier, Ironclad Soldier, Heide Knight, Varangian, Undead Jailer, Attack Dog, Rupturing Hollow, Undead Aberration, Captive Undead, Artificial Undead, Hollow Bandits, Undead Steelworker, Naked Hollow, Rat (Grave of Saints), Rat (Doors of Pharros), Swollen Mongrel, Veiled Assassin, Gyrm, Gyrm Warrior, Primal Knight (in Doors of Pharros but not in Drangleic Castle), Falconer Knights, Hollow Peasant, Mimic, Vengarl's Body, White Hollow Mage, Lizardman, Amana Priestess, Insolent Spirits, Archdrake Priestess
- Unaffected Enemies (SoTFS): Kobold, Ogre, Old Knight, Basilisk, Great Basilisk, Darkdweller, Royal Swordsman, Invading NPC Phantoms, NPCs, Torturer, Skeleton, Poison Moth, Mounter Overseer, Desert Sorceress, Manikin, Grave Warden, Coal Tar, Alonne Knight, Alonne Knight Captain, Lion Clan Warrior, Poison Horn Beetle, Corrosive Egg Crawlers, Ducal Spider, Spider Drone, Flexile Sentry, Syan Soldier, Stone Soldier, Archdrake Priest, Undead Crypt Knight, Leydia Witch, Wall Spectre, Leydia Apostle, Dragon Acolyte, Drake, Drakekeeper, Black Dragon Knight, Giant Warrior, Giant Pyromancer, Elite Giant, Salamander, Crystal Lizard, Witchtree
- Affected Enemies (DLC): Sanctum Soldier, Sanctum Priestess, Ashen Warrior, Barrel Carrier, Ashen Crawler, Iron Warrior, Rampart Soldier, Rampart Spearman, Retainer Rogue, Retainer Sorceress, Rampart Crystalback Soldier, Knight NPCs
- Unaffected Enemies (DLC): Sanctum Knight, Poison Statue Cluster, Petrifying Statue Cluster, The Imperfect, Black Drakeblood Knight, Possessed Armor, Fume Sorceress, Rampart Golem, Crystal Golem, Eleum Loyce Giant, Charred Loyce Knight, Rampart Hedgehog
This absolutely SAVAGES the Royal Rat Vanguard. Sure, it's not a hard boss anyway, but it's still annoying, and this turns it from annoying to hilarious.
For those wondering what damage this scales of, it's actually a lightning-based miracle though the scaling is almost non-existent so using the sun ring is better compared to the lightning clutch ring
Super useful in Iron Passage before pulling the lever.
Would recommend using this spell for farming the falconers at Tseldora. If you’re farming sunlight medals you’re most likely already a faith build so this is a convenient tool.
I this for the Congregation Boss and the Rat Bosses, Sweet clear speed.
Does this work on hollow bosses?
I'm literally playing SOTFS right now and ust tried to use Soul Appease on an Ironclad soldier in FoFG. It didn't work. I got right next to him and tried again, didn't do anything. It worked just fine on the regular hollows nearby, but not the ironclad soldier. It's the one on the wall by all the exploding barrels, right below the very first pursuer who drops down from a drake.
This along with Forlorn weapons and Dark Pyro flame are huge reasons why you should be able to invade while Hollow.
Great for Farming falconers for sunlight medals. Also a lifesaver against Royal Rat authority, kills all the small guys instantly and you can focus on the big guy
This also works on The Rotten
Can anyone tell me how the damage scales on this miracle.
Does it work on any bosses other than the rats and congregation? Like vendrick?
My key weapon in battling the Rat army. Cast and poof! All rats are dead and the leader Rat suffers 50% health lost.
it doesn't work on the skeletons what the *****? aren't they undead?
Also works on heide knights