Great Lightning Spear
Great Lightning Spear is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
"A miracle that launches a great spear of lightning.
Said to be the legacy of an ancient clan whose leader was revered as the God of Sun.
The name of the clan has been lost to time, but the gross incandescence of our magnificent father shall never wane."
- Buy from Straid of Olaphis for 13,000 souls. (It will be unlocked eventually after defeating Velstadt, The Royal Aegis along with Sunlight Blade; Having King's Ring equipped seems to be the trigger (tested September 2015))
- Undead Crypt, From the draw bridge shortcut lever, go through the tunnel on the same side, In the first room open the illusionary wall, Use a Pharros Lockstone, Break the glowing wall on the opposite side and it is in the chest.
- Down the Pit in Majula, Pay Laddersmith Gilligan 12,000 souls to set up the ladder, Descend the ladder until you are on a platform then climb up the smaller ladder, Open the door by using the Forgotten Key and it is in the far right chest.
- Hurled bolt of lightning, considerably faster cast than its Dark Souls counterpart, more powerful than Lightning Spear.
This spell has a small AoE that will affect the original target and enemies that stand close to the original target. The AoE does 18% of the damage of the original spear, and still does a small amount of poise break.
If the enemy is in a river or in any body of water, it will conduct a small AoE that will also affect enemies within the blast radius.
- Prior to 1.08 Calibration it had fixed 11 Spell Uses, it is now greatly dropped to 2, making it inferior to Sunlight Spear.