Great Lightning Spear
Great Lightning Spear is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
"A miracle that launches a great spear of lightning.
Said to be the legacy of an ancient clan whose leader was revered as the God of Sun.
The name of the clan has been lost to time, but the gross incandescence of our magnificent father shall never wane."
- Buy from Straid of Olaphis for 13,000 souls. (It will be unlocked eventually after defeating Velstadt, The Royal Aegis along with Sunlight Blade; Having King's Ring equipped seems to be the trigger (tested September 2015))
- Undead Crypt, From the draw bridge shortcut lever, go through the tunnel on the same side, In the first room open the illusionary wall, Use a Pharros Lockstone, Break the glowing wall on the opposite side and it is in the chest.
- Down the Pit in Majula, Pay Laddersmith Gilligan 12,000 souls to set up the ladder, Descend the ladder until you are on a platform then climb up the smaller ladder, Open the door by using the Forgotten Key and it is in the far right chest.
- Hurled bolt of lightning, considerably faster cast than its Dark Souls counterpart, more powerful than Lightning Spear.
This spell has a small AoE that will affect the original target and enemies that stand close to the original target. The AoE does 18% of the damage of the original spear, and still does a small amount of poise break.
If the enemy is in a river or in any body of water, it will conduct a small AoE that will also affect enemies within the blast radius.
- Prior to 1.08 Calibration it had fixed 11 Spell Uses, it is now greatly dropped to 2, making it inferior to Sunlight Spear.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
You can get 3 of these per playthrough, and at 94 attunement that means 30 uses. It's honestly not bad and perfectly competitive with hexes (great resonant soul) and sorceries (soul spear). You can stack damage with the sun ring, clutch ring and disc chime offhand and of course dragon chime in the main hand. If you want to RP a faith caster, this is the game to do it. For AoE you can use heavenly thunder which is superior to any aoe sorceries or hexes can produce, and is great single target damage on big mobs/bosses.
Unfortunately there are quite a few mobs/bosses that resist lightning damage, so there is that. Ultimately sorceries do outdps this with soul geyser, and the main soul farming boss (Giant Lord) resist lightning. Everything in the DLCs also has a ~50% damage reduction to all ranged damage, but hey.
Can you get it again by using bonfire? Which BF would you use for the one in majula's pit? Which BF for the others?
Praise the sun!
U can go without ladder in majula,i do it many times
Does the stone ring affect poise dmg from the Aoe?
Doesn't work with Dark Caitha's Chime? Won't let me cast, other chimes do.
Sunlight spear uses 2 slots for 5 max casts with 30% more damage than this spell, this one uses 1 slot with 10 max casts, meaning you get 4 time casts with the same attunement slots, effectively being able to deal 18000 total damage with 2 scrolls using the same attunement that sunlight spear need to deal a "grand" total of 6000 damage, yeah, totally superior, 3 times the damage/attunement needed. Sunlight spear is inferior, like crystal soul spear and chaos fireball/forbidden sun
can you multiple the amount by burning astetic and killing Verstadt again ? or is it 1 time purchase from Straid ?
Your cast increase with attainment I believe, tested lightning spear.
these miracles feel weak as sin.
I don´t know why but here says that there are only 2 uses of this spell. In PS3 SoTFS I have 3 spell uses