Whisper of Despair
Whisper of Despair is a Hex in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Hex, you must use a staff/chime or Special Weapons that can cast Hex.
"A hex that releases verbose darkness.
The darkness echoes words of despair, reducing the defense of opponents.
The Dark blankets the world in black.
A thing of tranquility, a thing serene.
- Grave of Saints. When you reach the "Harval's Resting Place" bonfire, proceed straight. Upon entering the circular room, proceed to the next lit doorway and follow the path. Look for the Pharros' Lockstone mechanism directly across from a drawbridge. Use a Pharros' Lockstone to activate it, drop the bridge, then proceed up the ramp that follows. The hex will be on a body at the top of the ramp-way.
- A particularly useful hex against enemy invaders and foes wearing heavy armour. especially against full Havel's Armour in PvP.
- The defense reduction effect does not stack with each hit.
- The incantation sound effect is shared by Aldia Warlock.
- Recommended to cast Recollection before casting this spell so it can be easier to land the debuff.
Very useful against bosses, particularly on NG+ playthroughs.