AoE, Short to Medium Range
Dark Greatsword is a Hex in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Hex, you must use a staff/chime or Special Weapons that can cast Hex.
Hex adapted from an ancient sorcery.
Brandish Dark like a sword.
By its nature Dark is normally tranquil, but this hex releases a focused blade of Dark in an uncharacteristic flash of brilliance.
- DLC Crown of the Sunken King
In an iron chest near the third bonfire of Shulva, Sanctum City, Priestess' Chamber. After obtaining the Eternal Sanctum Key go towards the locked door at the entrance where the dragon attacked the bridge. In this room there will be two dark casters and a few chest's, at the end of the room is a ladder. Head up the stairs and cross the bridge, be careful of the Dark Spirit who will invade on this bridge. After defeating the Dark Spirit activate the pillar near the bonfire then take the elevator half way down and jump off. From here head outside across a platform and the chest will be in the small room.
- Where to find Dark Greatsword
- This hex is similar to Soul Greatsword, however is much smaller, and fires a projectile that resembles the Moonlight Greatsword's strong attack.
- There are 3 attacks in total: 2 projectiles and 1 hit with the blade which has a damage decrease the farther the blade hits. If all 3 attacks hit its damage is higher than a 5 orbs Affinity and a Great Resonant Soul.
It is not possible to obtain more than one copy per game cycle. The chest containing the scroll is not refilled by using a bonfire ascetic. This is also true for Soul Greatsword.
- Just like the Soul Greatsword, they both are inspired by Laser Blades from the Armored Core series, but this one goes further on the resemblance.