Cleric in Dark Souls II is a Starting Class. The Cleric is meant for players who prefer a Magic-Melee type of class. It starts with a Mace and Cleric's Sacred Chime as its starting weapons. The Starting Classes of Dark Souls II will only give you a head start on certain stats. This is because you will be able to freely change your playstyle and build as you progress through out the game.
A Cleric on a pilgrimage. High faith and miracles guide the way.
Cleric Starting Equipment and Items
Cleric Class Build for Dark Souls 2
The build that is listed below is a set of equipment and recommended stats that we see fit for the Cleric Class in Dark Souls 2. For more builds, check out our PvE Builds and PvP Builds pages to find various builds that have been created by the Fextralife team and its community.
Ser Lancelot Build
- This is one of the good Cleric builds that you can find in the PVE Builds page made by "AugurofDunlain". The most difficult part about creating this build is obtaining the two Heide greatlances, not to be mistaken for the Heide lance, the Heide greatlance is a very rare drop from the Heide knight at the Shrine of Winter, it took me over 30 bonfire ascetics to get both greatlances. My advice when trying this build is to try it with two easier to obtain grand lances to see if you get a feel for the build and then get the Heide greatlances if you like it.
- This build is almost as effective when using grand lances instead however the grand lance is heavier than the Heide Greatlance and it will do less damage. NOTE: the grand lance has higher AR then the heide greatlance in the stats, however in practice the heide greatlance outperforms the grand lance by about 100 dmg.
- This build can be effective in pvp because the moveset is surprising and has odd timing making it difficult to dodge as well as having a very long reach, the problem with this build in pvp is it leaves you very vulnerable to backstabs.
- The Dragon Chime is really only for PVE because at high NG+ levels you need some kind of ranged. Although i find that equipping emit force as well as great lightning spears is useful, people never seem to be ready to avoid emit force because it is scarcely used or seen in pvp.
- A full combo from this build when power stancing (RB, RB, LB, LT) will use all stamina up and will hit for approximately
- A full combo from this build when power stancing (RB, RB, LB, LT) will use all stamina up and will hit for approximately 3000dmg on a reasonably defensed opponent. This build destroys regular humanoid enemies in one hit from the power stance light attack.
Anything is applicable, but here is what I would recommend:
- Mad Warrior
|Stats||Ending Points||Bonus Points|
Notes and Tips About Cleric
Notes: An extremely useful starting class due to the limited amount of Estus Flasks early in the game - their 3 Heal miracles function the same as Estus Flask. Their mace is also a very powerful weapon early-on in the game. They only start with one robe, but it has high defense - you can buy armor from Maughlin to augment it and it will be higher than the other starter armors, you may also wear Imported Set given at the start before being able to acquire armors. The cleric must start off 2-handing the mace, and will need to put one more point in strength before they can one-hand it effectively in combination with a shield. Once you get to 18 strength and 8 dex, you can buy another mace and power stance them for huge attack power. Note the full Archdrake Set is obtained in Shrine of Amana from Archdrake Clerics that drop the armor pieces, their mace or the Slumbering Dragon Shield, so this is considered a rare armor piece like the Black Hollow Mage Robes for the Sorcerer.
See builds for more information.