Soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash (fragment)
Soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash (Fragment) is a consumable item in Dark Souls 2.
- When 12 fragments are gathered the complete Soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash is formed.
- There are 12 of these and all of them must be gathered to form the actual soul, 11 are dropped by Ashen Idols and the last one by Fume Knight.
- The first ashen idol is just above the stairs next to the first bonfire of Brume Tower.
- The second one is shortly afterwards in a room you get to by a descending ladder, try to dispatch the enemies around it before approaching it, as getting near to the idol buffs the enemies.
- The third one is in the room with the enemy throwing firebombs at you and with the big hammer-wielding enemy.
- The fourth one is in the separate tower with the invader and the majestic greatsword near the third bonfire, it buffs enemies, revives possessed statues and curses you.
- The fifth one is behind the locked door behind the place near the third bonfire where you put the scepter, it does the same as the one above.
- The sixth one is in the third door from left to right in the place with the hammer-wielding enemy with four doors you can go to after activating the elevators of Brume Tower (accessed near the Upper Floor bonfire, where the Life Ring +3 is.
- The seventh one is where you are invaded by the Prowlers, on the way to the Smelter Throne bonfire.
- Ashen idols 8 to 11 are next to the Fume Knight battle, and can heal the boss if he approaches them.
- Since one smelter wedge can be acquired after defeating Sir Alonne, an ashen idol should be skipped when encountered in order to have enough smelter wedges to destroy the four at the bottom of Brume Tower in order to make the boss fight easier. The two best ones to avoid at first are (as listed above) number 4 and 5, as they are near bonfires and can be tedious to get to.
- Four more smelter wedges can be found up the elevator in the Foyer and then up the elevator directly ahead. Once at the top of this elevator, proceed right. You will run into Possessed Armors and Ash Knights. Once you defeat them and head up two spiral staircases, there will be a chest on your left and the exit on your right.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Didn’t realize these get removed per ng cycle
I have no more smelter wedges and only 11 fragments. I've killed both Fume and Alonne and double checked their corpses. No Ashen Idols left either, but that could be excused as having missed one, though I checked that also.
My only conclusion is that you can permanently miss one, one way or another. Sad.
The 6th is the one I can't find
I thought there were 11 fragments in total when i realized there was 1 more. i stabbed all the ashen idols and defeated raime (for the 6th time, and that was like a week ago/12/19/2022). I thought i stab one ashen idol so i double checked for the ashen idol locations, but i grew lazy and searched up a video on youtube instead. I found the 12th fragment in one of the cursed rooms near the foyer bonfire and like bruh. Has this ever happened to you guys?
Skip the first ashen idol. It doesn’t buff anything that I’m aware of.
the description for point 6 is incredibly bad
F*cking troll devs... Leaving the player wondering where the last smelter wedge is. Jesus Christ, I searched the entire level from top to bottom and couldn't find another. This level is the reason why I didn't touch DS2 for 4 years after installing it. This is such bs, I can't even. Probably the worst level in the entire game.
I legit thought it was a bug, thinking that maybe it didn't spawn another wedge.
So the last smelter wedge is after defeating Sir Alonne, which you can only enter that armor's "memory" AFTER you defeat Fume Knight (AND you have the Ashen Mist Heart), which gets healed by the thing because of course he does, unless you read the wiki and INTENTIONALLY leave one out. So many poor design choices in this game...
This is so damn stupid, why the last one 'stick' is dropped from the boss who you actually faces >only after defeating the Fume knight< ???
Now I'm stuck right outside his arena because i'm lack the last one of those to destroy the idol and because of that, if i enter the fog the ashen idol will keep regenerating the life bar of this bastard.
"Since one smelter wedge can be acquired after defeating Sir Alonne, an ashen idol should be skipped when encountered in order to have enough smelter wedges to destroy the four at the bottom of Brume Tower in order to make the boss fight easier. The two best ones to avoid at first are (as listed above) number 4 and 5, as they are near bonfires and can be tedious to get to."
But how i'm supposed to known that before? If you doesn't have any real argument and wanna say "you not supposed to know everything at the first play-through" or "try again in NG+" because you either read the wiki before playing or unintentionally skipped some idol before reaching this area so you could destroy all four before facing the f***** in black armor - don't lose your time!
This damned game is broken, no wonder why so much people dislikes it the most.
They don't de-spawn, right?! I finished it the dlc and in the end I only got 11. I might've skipped 1 when I used a wedge and not picked it up, I don't know which one tho. And all my wedges have been used. Pls tell me the don't de-spawn.
How many true Nadalia's souls can get per game, can I burn 1 adversity in the bonfire and then reappear????
I have 10 fragments and 1 smelter wedge after getting all that the wiki says and beating Fume Knight and Sir Alonne, what did I miss?
I have fought him 3 times now and the fragment wont be dropped why?
If your missing MORE than one before fighting Alonne than I suggest revisiting all the previous locations. The souls should still be there even if you used the smelter wedge AND died/teleporting away, etc.
Wheres the smelter throne bonfire ??
what did Soul of Nadalia do?
the fume knight didnt drop a soul. what now?
I cheated and gave myself 99 of these fragments, the first place they will combine into the soul of Nadalia is next to the lowermost floor bonfire, in brume tower. They didn't want to combine in any other place. Also going to post this on the soul of Nadalia, someone be a good chap and add this to the wiki, please.
Every time I near one I hear faint, near inaudible whispers. If someone could tell me what she is saying that would be pretty cool
Could you guys post the locations on the ashen idol page proper? Thanks!
Just a quick pointer, if you happen to use a smelter wedge on a bride of ash and do not collect the soul whether it be through death or incompetence it will not respawn and you will be short one soul when you require it to form. This cannot be reclaimed through bonfire ascetic. As far as I know NG+ may reset key items such as this however it's certainly gonna be a fun trip now that most of my bonfires are strengthened. :D