Forgotten Key is a Key item in Dark Souls 2.
- Open an arched door in Black Gulch to access Darkdiver Grandahl.
- Open a door in The Gutter to obtain Havel's equipment.
- Open a door in the pit within Majula for 3 chests, containing(from left to right); Soul Vortex, Witchtree Branch and Witchtree Bellvine, Great Lightning Spear.
- In Scholar of the First Sin this room will also contain a corpse carrying the Dragon Talon.
- Found by defeating 2-4 (number vary by how many phantoms you have summoned) giants hidden underneath the Black Gulch.
- In the big room with the Giants, if you run along the edge to the left or right, you will reach a room containing a chest with Ring of Giants +1 and Petrified Dragon Bone. And from that room you can safely snipe them off with a bow or by using spells.
- They are very weak against poison. The poison damage can reduce them to half health with one complete duration. It takes 4 - 5 poison daggers to get the effect going.
- If you log out underneath the Black Gulch directly after beating one giant, the key will appear in your inventory upon logging back in.