The Company of Champions in Dark Souls 2 is one of two covenants that are available as soon as you get to Majula. Being a member of this covenant substantially increases the game's difficulty level by making every enemy deal more damage (up to 50% in some cases, especially bosses), have more HP, and have approximately 20% damage resistance (tested on bosses under identical circumstances in SotFS), similar to playing in NG+ or using Bonfire Ascetics, while being in NG and without having to use ascetics at every bonfire. In addition, being in this covenant also disables cooperative play, removing the player's ability to summon anybody, including NPCs. Other players are still able to invade your world. This covenant also increases the range at which enemies will notice you.
Covenant leader: Victor's Stone
Where to join: Majula
How to join Company of Champions
In Majula, take the path along the coast to the right of the doorway leading to Heide's Tower of Flame to find the Victor's Stone monument. Pray to it and you will be asked to join the Company of Champions covenant.
Upon joining the covenant, players will also be given the Champion's Tablet. This item can be used to display a leaderboard showing the names of the players who have offered the most Awestones to the Victor's Stone.
While this covenant is strongly focused around PvE, it can be PvP focused as well, because defeating red phantom invaders in your world will drop Awestones, which you will need to acquire higher ranks.
WARNING: If you join this covenant you cannot be summoned or summon other players, NOT EVEN NPCs like Lucatiel etc... so their symbols will not appear. It should be mentioned, however, that you CAN summon red signs still, allowing for some amount of co-op if you have the item Seed of a Tree of Giants activated.
Covenant rank is increased by offering Awestones to the Victor's Stone in Majula. These stones are obtained by defeating invading red phantoms, both players and NPCs, and they are occasionally dropped by enemies as well. Note that it is NOT necessary to defeat player invaders to obtain the required amount of Awestones to reach rank 3 in this covenant. This can easily be done without PvP and without going to NG+ (Check out the Awestone page for information on how to farm them.)
If you focus on defeating invaders as a way of obtaining Awestones, and don't mind getting interrupted, you can use a Token of Spite and/or wear the Delicate String ring to increase your chances of being invaded.
Known Awestone-dropping enemies:
- Mirror Knights (Aldia's Keep)
- Ogre (Forest of the Fallen Giants)
- Flame Lizards (Forest of the Fallen Giants)
- Old Knights (Heide's Tower of Flame)
- Enhanced Undead (Sinner's Rise)
- Mutant Dogs (The Gutter)
- Cragslipper (Black Gulch)
- Primal Knights (Doors of Pharros)
- Mist-shrouded Soldiers (Shaded Woods)
- Llewellyn Stone Soldiers (King's Passage) (be aware of that cutting their head while they're not moving seems to prevent them from dropping anything)
- Black Dragon Knights (Dragon Shrine)
- Leydia Black Witches (Undead Crypt)
- Warrior Giants (Memory of Jeigh)
- Ruin Sentinels (Drangleic Castle)
|1||Offer 10 Awestones||Great Magic Weapon|
|2||Offer 25 Awestones||First Dragon Ring|
|3||Offer 50 Awestones||Vanquisher's Seal|
Notes, Hints and Tips
- Also known as "Hunters" or "Lures" by the online community, as they lure red phantoms to their world for quick Awestones.
- Bell Keeper invaders (Grey phantoms) do not drop Awestones.
- Red phantoms summoned by using their Red Soapstone sign do not drop Awestones.
- Obtain Awestones by killing the red invader Bowman Guthry (appears on NG+) in Doors of Pharros at the first bonfire.
- Rhoy the Explorer, in the Grave of Saints with Bonfire Intensity 2 or more, will also invade 12 total times (infinite times when you join this covenant). Farm him by going down and up the ladder outside of the second bonfire (his lack of reach can be advantageous) NOTE: Actually you burn the Ascetic by the FIRST bonfire, then teleport to the second bonfire and drop down the ladder & climb up to get Rhoy
- Releasing Royal Sorcerer Navlaan will grant more opportunities to farm Awestones.
- Joining this covenant will give all non-special enemies unlimited spawns for the duration you're in the covenant (special enemies such as the Aldia Warlock in Shrine of Amana or the necromancers in Huntsman's Copse will not respawn). Once you leave, all enemies will return to the spawning condition they had before you joined.
- The enemies at Doors of Pharros have a chance of dropping awestone when you join the covenant.