Yes (12 times, at NG+ or using a Bonfire Ascetic)
Bowman Guthry is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
Bowman Guthry Information
A Dark Spirit with a most unusual choice of armaments. Guthry will invade in the Doors of Pharros immediately after the player has passed through the gate into the Rat King's territory. Clad in armor of a Royal Swordsman, could she be a remnant of the Drangleic Army unit dispatched to Brightstone Cove Tseldora…?
Mainly uses dual Avelyns in combat, and appears to have no melee weapon. A 100% Physical-damage reduction shield will provide adequate cover as you advance on her.
- Royal Swordsman Set
- Souls: NG: 450 NG+: 900 NG+7: 1,800
- Hold your favourite 100% physical damage shield up and get close to her.
- Both her Avelyns are uninfused, and she will not use elemental ammunition. Regardless, the Avelyn's 3-bolt-burst can actually output horrifying burst damage if one is unprepared.
- Exercise caution when fighting her while on the ground level of the Doors of Pharros, as the water will slow your movement speed and leave you susceptible to her barrage.
- Get in close as she does not appear to have or use melee weapons. Medium to low poise means she can be stunlocked fairly easily, but keep in mind that he can still fire her Avelyn's while in melee range.
Avelyn Barrage: Fires a standard 3-bolt barrage at the player. Has no elemental damage.
- Physical Damage.
- Can be blocked.
- Cannot be parried.
- Will ONLY invade if you are OFFLINE in Doors of Pharros. (May need confirmation, some players have reported Guthry-invasions while online.)
- Only spawns once in NG, BUT, if you are in NG+, either by completing the game or by using a Bonfire Ascetic at the Ordeal's End Bonfire (just before the Royal Rat Authority), he will respawn up to 12 times before needing another Bonfire Ascetic to refresh her respawns.
- Due to her location, he is probably the fastest and easiest phantom to farm for the 1000 required kills for the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2.
- Doesn't seem to invade if you're part of the Rat King covenant.
- Unmasking Guthry reveals that she is in fact female, and she shares the same face with Melinda The Butcher and Nameless Usurper. (May need confirmation. Conflicting information from players and additional sources on Guthry's true gender.)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
screw this guy bruh
Annoying little turd decides to invade you in waist-deep water with a Primal Knight constantly humping your back.
This guy sucks. Easiest invasion in the game.
Just fought him again, swung at me with a sword a single time and swapped back to his crossbow after I dodged backwards so he definitely can use melee weapons
I'm playing online and just got invaded by her
Will phantoms like Guthry and Rhoy (respawn continuously) count for multiple rank-ups in Way of the Blue?
just like Alva has a woman's name yet is a swaggy boy, Guth has a weirdass name and turns out to be a woman
jeezums... can't trust anyone in DS unless they got a bushy gyrm beard
"Hold your favourite 100% physical damage shield up and get close to him." That line somehow got me.
Like others have said. Gender of the character is wrong. It is a "her", not a "him". Description is of a different enemy character and not the red invader at all.
this page is so hilariously bad lmfao. god, fextra is definitely the worst dark souls wiki out there
Avelyn drop confirmed. I was on CoC in Ng. Gold serpent ring +1, rusted coin, watchdragon parma and traveling merchant hat...
what is the drop rate on the avelyn?
"Will ONLY invade if you are OFFLINE"
Wrong, just now invaded me while i was online
Can't correct the page since i forgot my account, sorry :P
This is wrong. Aside from the location and the drops, this describes the ghosts from the shaded woods.
Isn't this the guy who invades Brightstone Cove Tseldora after the Prowling Magus fight?
He does invade you even if you are a member of the Rat King Covenant. I just experienced that (SotFS).