Fire (On Land)
Lightning (In Water)
|Resistance||Slash and Strike Attacks
Fire (In Water)
"Ogres resemble a cross between a cyclops and hippopotamus, and possess a horn on their foreheads
Ogres have large amounts of HP and deal significant damage, and their attacks are relatively swift for enemies their size
Ogres can grab players and devour them, guaranteeing death for players. Ranged attacks and poison are recommended when dealing with Ogres"
- Things Betwixt - NG: 1000 Souls,NG+ 2000 Souls,NG+7:4000 Souls.
- Aldia's Keep - NG: 1100 Souls,NG+ 2200 Souls, NG+7: 4400 Souls.
- Shrine of Amana - NG: 2200 Souls,NG+ 4400 Souls, NG+7:8800 Souls.
- Forest of Fallen Giants - NG: 1000 Souls,NG+ 2000 Souls, NG+7:4000 Souls.
- The easiest way to kill an Ogre is to bait out its fall-over attack. Move forward the ogre and immediately roll away when it attacks. If you're lucky it should swipe twice and fall over. During this fall over you can safely attack the Ogre with no threat. It isn't recommended to try and punish the 3-swipe combo, as the Ogre very will very quickly retaliate. The most important thing to watch out for is the grab attack, as it's extremely dangerous and is almost a guaranteed one-shot.
- Alternatively, for a faster kill, you can try and bait out the sitting attack. Make sure that you have light armor equipped (Enough to be around 40%) and some weapon that has a pretty strong attack that it can execute relatively quickly. Now, approach the Ogre, roll UNDER the Ogre's attacks, and otherwise try to get behind the Ogre's back without getting hurt. Now, when you are behind the enemy, take out your weapon, and wait for him to try and sit on you; if he doesn't, get behind him and try again. In essence, you are trying to bait his sit attack. Once you have baited the Ogre's slam attack out, hit him. After performing this singular attack, stand behind the Ogre, and wait for him to use his move attempting to sit on you once more. You should be able to get in 3 or so safe hits per sit. Rinse and repeat until his swamp is yours.
- As stated above, you want to either bait out an Ogre's 1-2 combo followed by its toppling over during which a swift 2 strikes can be dealt safely OR you attempt to get directly behind the Ogre causing its sitting attack, which is slow and easy to dodge and leaves a window for up to 3 safe hits. The sitting attack will continue to be repeated as long as you remain directly behind the Ogre, allowing easy kills even for low-level characters.
- For Shrek & Fiona (The owners of the Transgender Coffin), it is simple. First, bait out one of the two Ogre Royals to the wooden tree bridge. Once you've gotten an Ogre on the bridge, keep them on it with aggro management, and try to get them to attack (without hitting you). Sooner or later, said Ogre will fall off the bridge. You can now kill the other Ogre with your weapon, or you can bait the fellow (whom is most certainly mourning the loss of their better half) over the bridge, allowing them to be buried with their lover.
- Shrek and Fiona are also quite easy to kill with any sort of ranged weapon. This includes early access crossbows, bows, and throwing knives if you're patient enough. Simply backpedal across the bridge until they retreat while sending a continuous stream of projectiles at them.
- 8 poison arrows from Dragonrider Bow +5 is enough to kill them in NG+.
- The below video demonstrates how to bait the sit attack for a solo Ogre:
- Swings three times
- Swings two times and falls onto back, attempting to crush player
- Falls onto its backside, if player is attacking from behind.
- Grab attack: Grabs player and gnaws on head. Almost always insta-death due to its considerable affliction of the Bleed status effect.
- The solo Ogre in Shrine of Amana can glitch and fall through the ground if you attack it from afar.