Fire (On Land)
Lightening (In Water)
|Resistance||Slash and Strike Attacks
Fire (In Water)
"Ogres resemble a cross between a cyclops and hippopotamus, and possess a horn on their foreheads
Ogres have large amounts of HP and deal significant damage, and their attacks are relatively swift for enemies their size
Ogres can grab players and devour them, guaranteeing death for players. Ranged attacks and poison are recommended when dealing with Ogres"
- Things Betwixt - NG: 1000 Souls,NG+ 2000 Souls,NG+7:4000 Souls.
- Aldia's Keep - NG: 1100 Souls,NG+ 2200 Souls, NG+7: 4400 Souls.
- Shrine of Amana - NG: 2200 Souls,NG+ 4400 Souls, NG+7:8800 Souls.
- Forest of Fallen Giants - NG: 1000 Souls,NG+ 2000 Souls, NG+7:4000 Souls.
- For Solo Ogres, Make sure that you have light armor equipped (Enough to be around 40%) and Some weapon that has a pretty strong attack that it can execute relatively quickly. Now, Approach the Ogre, Roll UNDER the Ogre's attacks, and otherwise try to get behind the ogre's back without getting hurt. Now, when you are behind the enemy, Take out your weapon, and wait for him to try and sit on you, if he doesn't, get behind him and try again. In essence you are trying to bait his sit attack. Once you have baited the Ogres slam attack out, hit them. After preforming this singular attack, stand behind the Ogre, and wait for him to use his/her move attempting sit on you once more. Rinse and Repeat until their swamp is yours.
- As stated above, you want to either bait out an ogre's 1-2 combo followed by its toppling over during which a swift 2 strikes can be dealt safely OR you attempt to get directly behind the ogre causing it's sitting attack, which is slow and easy to dodge and leaves a window for up to 3 safe hits. The sitting attack will continue to be repeated as long as you remain directly behind the ogre, allowing easy kills even for low level characters.
- For the Shrek & Fiona (The owners of the Transgenderal Coffin) It is simple, Bait out one of the Two Ogre Royals to the wooden Bridge (you can), once you've gotten an Ogre on the bridge, Keep them on it with aggro Management, and try to get them to attack (without hitting you). Sooner or later, said Ogre will fall off the wooden bridge. You can now kill the other Ogres Swamp with your weapon, or you can bait the fellow (whom is most certainly Mourning the loss of their better half) over the bridge, allowing them to be buried with their Lover.
- 8 poison arrows from Dragonrider Bow +5 is enough to kill them in NG+.
- The below video demonstrates how to bait the sit attack for a solo Ogre.
- Swings three times
- Swings two times and falls onto back, attempting to crush player
- Falls onto its backside, if player is attacking from behind.
- Grab attack Grabs player and gnaws on head. Almost always insta-death.
- The solo Ogre in Shrine of Amana can glitch and fall through the ground if you attack it from afar.