The Pit is a Location in Dark Souls 2. In the middle of Majula, and not easily accessible without the aid of the Silvercat Ring (sold by the cat merchant next door), a ladder placed by Laddersmith Gilligan, or the Fall Control spell.
- Previous: Majula
- Next: Grave of Saints or The Gutter
- Recommended Levels: ?? to ??
- Bonfires: Example, Example
- Clearing this area opens ??
- Must unlock ?? for multiplayer
The Pit Map
- The Fall Control spell will cancel fall damage entirely, but falling from a deadly height will still kill you.
The Pit Walkthrough
Things you need to Survive the Fall
- You need at least 1346 HP or the Silvercat Ring - purchasable from Sweet Shalquoir for about 13,400 souls. While this may sound like a lot, especially early game, it is necessary to survive the initial drop into the pit.
- Stock up on Estus Flasks - the drops, especially the first, will still take a chunk of health. Ensure to refill your health before every drop.
- Fall Damage Reduction Equipment - Lion Warrior Cuffs, Flying Feline Boots, Jester's Tights. All these items and the ring can be worn together to greatly reduce fall damage. If you unequip all weapons and non-fall-damage-reducing armor it will also lessen the amount of fall damage taken.
Alternatively, another way to get to descend the pit is to purchase a ladder from Laddersmith Gilligan. He offers three progressively-more expensive ladders:
- The cheapest ladder will only go half way down to the first plank, but it could be all you need if you have high health, or very low health while wearing the cat ring.
- The second most expensive ladder will take you down to near the Grave of Saints entrance. From there, you can drop down a few more levels to a platform just outside the bonfire at the start of Grave of Saints. A separate "drop path" will put you on a different platform at the bottom of a ladder.
- The most expensive ladder gives you easy access to the Forgotten Door, far down in the pit. The key to the door is found in a hidden cave in the Black Gulch.
Opening the Locked Door in the Pit
To obtain the key, you must first go through The Black Gulch, drop down to a secret platform which can sometimes be seen with a torch or from the beginning bonfire. After jumping down, you will find a locked door. Proceed to the right to another platform, drop down and kill the two giants found down there. They will drop the forgotten key needed to open the Forgotten Door in the Pit.