Titanite Shard is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Reinforce standard equipment up to +3 at Blacksmiths
- Can be bought from Blacksmith Lenigrast x10 at 800 souls.
- Can be bought from Stone Trader Chloanne for 1000 souls. (Infinite supply after clearing Iron Keep.)
- 1 is found in Majula, in a chest in Maughlin the Armourer's attic.
- 3 can be found in Majula, in a chest on the Mansion's second floor.
- 4 can be found inside the cave near the Skeleton Lords boss battle. The first one right after the bonfire behind the closed gate next to a curse jar, the other four after the portcullis, near the broken bridge.
- 1 is found in a chest below the ballista room in Forest of the Fallen Giants, near the Cardinal Tower bonfire
- 1 is found on a corpse Below the ruined building in front of a portcullis in Forest of the Fallen Giants, near Cale the Cartographer's location.
- 1 is found on a corpse on the opposite side of the portcullis in Forest of the Fallen Giants, accessible from the Soldier's Rest bonfire.
- 3 can be found on a body in the area before the Covetous Demon boss fight, where you jump into the grated area with the poison beetles.
- 10 in Brume Tower. From the Upper Floor bonfire, huge the path then jump across the gap that contains an elevator. You will be in an area with several doors guarded by an Iron Warrior.
- Video Guide Here:
- Dropped by Ogres in Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Common drop from Undead Blacksmiths in Harvest Valley or Earthen Peak, near the second bonfire.
- Common drop from Skeletons at the start of Harvest Valley.
- Dropped by The villagers in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. (Lower drop rate than the Undead Blacksmiths, though there are more.)
- Common drop from Crystal Lizard in Cardinal Tower bonfire in Forest of the Fallen Giants.
|Weapon 0 to +1||Weapon +1 to +2||Weapon +2 to +3|
|Armor 0 to +1||Armor +1 to +2||Armor +2 to +3|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
It lists a crystal lizard as dropping them, but not ogres... does that mean that it is possible to farm them from that crystal lizard? Or just the ogre's drop rate is so poor that it's not worth mentioning?
Very easy to obtain
The cyclops rhino things also drop them
can also be farm by oger in the river and start for forest of gaints
Can be obtained when tradin with Dyna and Tillo using Prism Stones - chance is very low though...
Got one to drop from the ogre in the river in the Forest Of Fallen Giants, near The Crestfallen's Retreat bonfire
Why do they have more enemies that drop large shards than ones that drop regular ones, makes no sense to give so many ways of getting tier two when they’re supposed to be rarer
Keep finding weapons I'd love to test out, but can't upgrade them because I'm not able to buy more yet. Was mislead into using more titanite shards to try out different weapons since I was able to buy large titanite shards so early on.. I played DSR and DS3 extensively and in those ones it's actually incremental which shards you can buy. The way it's set up in DS2 is annoying and doesn't make much sense. Why let people buy as many large ones as they want and then limit how many regular ones can be bought until way later in the game? Oh and farming isn't too reliable either unless you want to use a bonfire ascetic
In SotfS at the "Crestfallen's Retreat" Bonfire. The Big Ass Troll drops Titanite Shards. Guranteed on the first kill. About 10% probably.
can anyone tell me what these undead blacksmiths look like .
also drops from the ogre in forest of fallen giants
the ogre in forest of the fallen giants also drops one
I think you missed an area in majula that contains 3 titanite shards, in the map keepers home in majula, there is a chest upstairs that contains 3 shards.