BoltStone is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Can only be used at Blacksmith Steady Hand McDuff
- Used to imbue equipment with lightning. This reduces the Strength and Dexterity scaling, but adds a Faith scaling. (Different weapons add different tiers of scaling).
- Unlimited amount sold by Blue Sentinel Targray for 7,000 souls.
- Randomly given in exchange for Smooth & Silky Stone with Dyna and Tillo.
- Sold by Stone Trader Chloanne after obtaining the King's Ring.
- Dropped by a Crystal Lizard in Shaded Ruins near Manscorpion Tark.
- Found on a corpse near the first dragon in Dragon Aerie. Can be farmed using Bonfire Ascetics, alongside a lot of other useful upgrade materials.
- 3 Boltstones are found in a chest in the Dragon Sanctum (Crown of the Sunken King DLC) along with 3 Bleedstones.
- 3 in an iron chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce in the area with the visible Witch Trees.
- Basilisks (Brightstone Cove Tseldora and Shaded Woods, very rare)
||Old Mundane Stone||Mundane|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Can you still buff weapons infused with lightning?
The Crystal Lizard near Tark in Shaded Ruins DOES drop a Boltstone in SoTFS. Not sure why this page says otherwise.
Got 2 Boltstones from the Basilisks in Things Betwixt (the ones you get to after getting rid of stone statue) in less than 5 minutes. Used Traveling Merchant Hat, Watchdragon Parma and Rusted Coin for more item find. All of these can be acquired really early. Maybe I got super lucky, but they definitely drop there. I was wondering because this page does not advice to farm the Boltstone in Betwixt.
The drop rate from basilisks in shaded woods is indeed very rare. They drop loads of other infusion stones though.
I once got a bolt stone from a alonne knight captain?