Titanite Chunk is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Used to reinforce standard equipment from +6 to +9
- A reward for killing a belltower intruder as a member of the Bell Keepers covenant
- Possible trade with Dyna and Tillo the crows
- Buy from Stone Trader Chloanne, 6000 each after King's Ring is obtained. (10 limit; unlimited after you defeat Nashandra.)
- A chest in the Shaded Woods after the third bonfire (Shaded Ruins - the one just after the fogged area). After fighting the first two lion warriors, move up the ramp and turn around, then jump across the gap to a chest that's easily visible. There's a Petrified dragon bone in the chest, as well.
- In the Forest of Fallen Giants Cardinal Tower bonfire, In the room to the right just before Pate with the 4 big ballistae pointing at you, below is a chest that will contain x1 Titanite Shard. (NG++ there are x3 Titanite Chunks instead).
- One drops from the Crystal Lizard by the gate in the middle of the skeleton-filled caves in Huntsman's Copse.
- In the first poison pool in Harvest Valley, the rightmost item is one Titanite Chunk (3 in NG+ and up). Excellent farming place if you keep using a Bonfire Ascetic.
- Another one in the same poison pool, to the right of the ramp leading up to the rest of the area.
- 1 in a wooden chest in Doors of Pharros. In between two lockstone doors, above the cave with 2 rat things.
- 1 on a corpse on a ledge in Brightstone Cove Tseldora immediately after the Pate/Creighton room.
- 1 on a corpse in the room beyond the red crystal lizard in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, (3 chunks and 1 slab in NG+).
- 1 on a Crystal Lizard to the left of the stone opening after the door under the Chapel Threshold bonfire in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. Doing a quick plunging attack can kill it before it can run.
- 1 on a corpse on a ledge immediately following the previous Crystal Lizard.
- 2 on a corpse on an ashen ledge accessible in Brume Tower after activating the elevators and going down one level from the Foyer bonfire.
- 3 on an ash corpse in Brume Tower in the area before you encounter the Fume Knight.
- 3 on a Crystal Lizard at the bottom of the stairs outside the front of Drangleic Castle.
- 1 on a corpse in Undead Crypt just beyond the second bonfire in the room filled with breakable rocks and the two statues protected by ghost mages.
- Large Gyrm at Doors of Pharros. ~3% when wearing Jesters Helm, Prisoners Tatters and Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2
- Dropped by Coal Tar in Black Gulch (beasts that hide in the small pools) 5% chance of titanite chunk, 10% chance of large titanite
- The Undead Peasants in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, 3% chance (or less?) (Farming them for chunks is not recommended. The 3 in front of the upper gate to Prowling Magus appear to have a higher drop rate.)
- Dropped by Possessed Armor in Brume Tower.
|Weapon +6 to +7||Weapon +7 to +8||Weapon +8 to +9|
|Armor +6 to +7||Armor +7 to +8||Armor +8 to +9|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Yeah there aren't a huge amount of chunks in this game but remember you only need six for full upgrade and also - bonfire ascetics exist. Use ascetics at poison pool and grab the 3 chunks there for an easy farm. Way quicker and painless then farming Gyrm or the Coal Tar Snakes. 2 ascetics for another upgraded weapon is pretty good, especially compared to Twinkling/Petrified. You can also get pretty much infinite ascetics once you reach Drangleic Castle and do the Pilgrims of Dark areas, since the enemies there consistently drop ascetics. So honestly not bad, and pretty great compared to games like Bloodborne
Unbearable amount to get. Have 12 slabs, 0 chunks, and maxed 3 weapons, no armor. Beat the base game and 1st dlc. Guess i'll dump more of my soul memory into buying them, because the farming is unbearable too. love dark souls 2.
Ascetics make grinding bearable.
I have 8 Titanite Slabs and 2 Chunks lol.
It felt like I got more Slabs than I did Titanite Chunks, while I did split my materials quite heavily across armor and weapons, it was only after beatimgmthe game (havent completed any DLC yet) and getting access to a unlimited supply of them that I was able to upgrade my armor past +6. Which is why I did that to begin with.
For whatever reason it felt like Titanite Slabs were more common than Titanite Chunks. Which doesn't make sense to me.
You are able to get a +10 weapon before even killing a boss in this game (pick petrified something gift and hope for a slab), get a +3 like normal without issue, get cat ring and go to the gutter and hard farm Coal Tar's for the 6 large shards for +6, get the 1 chunk from shaded woods by getting fragrent branch from gutter to gain access to there and farm the remaining 5 painfully from Coal Tar's, congrats, you have now gotten a +10 weapon with literally 0 boss deaths in your game. now have fun as you'll also have RTSR from shaded woods too and are probably around level 50+ from farming, let the killing spree commence.
Bell Keeper's covenant can also allow for good titanite chunk, slab , twinkling titanite or petrified dragon bone farming.
I've had one drop from the Flexile Sentry in Sinner's Rise in SofFS. Not sure what the drop rate is, though.
I was overjoyed to see Chloeanne selling infinite chunks after Nashandra. It made it so simple to upgrade a lot of weapons I had previously never gotten the chance to get past +6 and ultimately prepare me for NG+. Much more pleasant than farming chunks from Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins in DS1!
If you're farming in Black Gulch, you don't even have to leave the bonfire room to kill the serpents. Just grab a bow and some fire arrows, stand on the ledge overlooking the oil pools, and shoot the four containing the serpents. The pools will catch on fire, quickly killing the serpents. If nothing drops, you can just walk back to the bonfire. The drops don't despawn when you rest, so you can even rinse and repeat several times without grabbing the drops. When a decent number have built up, drop down and grab 'em. The fire does minimal damage to the player, even with 182 fire defense, so you don't even have to worry about that.
They also have a decent rate from the serpent creatures in black gulch from what I remember, not sure of exact percentage, but 3-4/10 times I got one from them, hope this helps
Idk when this has last been edited, but in the scholar of the first sin edition I got a titanite chunk drop from the flexile sentry looking enemy in front of lost sinner. I'm not sure if this is very rare or I am mistaken and got it from someplace else. I am saying this out of caution and am rather certain it was from that enemy. I have not entered anywhere other than the flame tower, the bastille, no mans wharf, and forest of fallen giants. I am only on NG so no other source on this page could account for it and I have a +7 Rapier.
If you want to farm these painlessly (for example, because you want to maintain specific Soul Level):
Black Gulch, Hidden Chamber bonfire; drop down, destroy the poison statues around, then find closest 4 pools that have Black Tar worms in them; avoid their sneak attack and kill them while they recover. Rest at the bonfire - the poison statues won't repair until you warp out, so you can just kill 4 tars -> rest, rinse and repeat. You will also get some large titanite shards while you're at it.
"Large Gyrm at Doors of Pharros. ~3%"
Is it really that low? I'm on my first playthrough of the game and I was actually looking for titanite chunks. The first Gyrm warrior I killed when walking into Doors of Pharros dropped a chunk so I though "nice! maybe this is farmable". I put on my merchant hat and watchdragon parma (only itemfind items I currently have) and reset at the bonfire right underneath. Killed him 9 more times and got 3 more chunks. So that's a drop rate of 25%. Very small sample size I know, but either I'm just insanely lucky or it's a bit higher than 3%. Playing SotFS and I'm the Company of Champions (no idea if that has any effect on droprates).
I realize this is a very small sample size, but
They're also dropped by the Flexible Sentry before the Sinner boss fight.
Are there any before sentinels 3 boss
In Harvest Valley, there is an additional titanite chunk (at least in ng+ onward) by the ramp in the forward left part of the first poison pool so that is a total 4 chunks per ascetic.
I just used a Bonfire Ascetic to get the Chunk at Cardinal Tower in the Forest of Fallen Giants. I'm not in NG, it's my first playthrough, and I got 3 of them after using the Ascetic.
If you're farming the Caol Tar beasts, don't forget to spam your loot button if they die in the pool as the item drop isn't visible in the tar.
Is it normal to have more slabs than Chunks!?
Black Gulch, 2nd Bonfire, Company of Chumpions, and Have Much Fire Arrows! Run ahead to the ledge, but dont drop down. There are 3 of these things hiding in the oil pools that you can hit from this "window". Launch a fire arrow into each, run back to bonfire, as soon as the 3rd ones souls deposit, rinse, repeat, collect b4 you get invaded.
Shaded Ruins location: Should say Two 'Ghost Rogues', instead of Two 'Lion Warriors'
I got 3 from farming the black gulch. took a few times but as long as you have the gold serpent ring equipped it shouldn't be too bad.
Before defeating Nashandra, the most efficient farm I found was in Black Gulch. I guess either bonfire could work, but I used the starting bonfire. There are 3 Coal Tars nearby. Join the Company of Champions for unlimited spawns. Break all the poison-spitting totems, then you can strip all but your essentials and item discovery gear to speed things up since you won't be getting hit by anything. Be sure you're running back to touch the bonfire so the totems stay broken
Did they change where these start? I've got a battle axe at +8 that only now wants one Chunk to got to +9 (SotFS, PS4)
Limited amount in the game until you beat Nashandra and buy with Stone Trader Chloanne(Stock becomes unlimited).
Farm is not viable because the chance of drop is too low.
To hell farming this wretched ore!!!