Bleed Stone is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Can only be used at Blacksmith Steady Hand McDuff
- Used to imbue equipment with bleeding. This greatly reduces the weapon's Strength/Dexterity scaling and slightly reduces its base damage, but adds Bleed and increases bleeding resistance on shields.
- If Bleed is infused onto a weapon that naturally has Bleed then it increases the weapon's base Bleed by 43%, increases Bleed scaling from Dexterity/Faith by 82% and increases the bonus granted by Shadow Gauntlets and Crest of Blood by 20% (+60 Bleed each instead of +50)
- Note that infusing a weapon with Bleed will cause it to be unable to be coated in Bleeding Serum, but may still be coated/enchanted via other means.
- Some weapons with innate bleeding ability are naturally unable to be coated in Bleeding Serum, such as the Royal Greatsword, Flamberge and Full Moon Sickle, making Bleed infusion more valuable as you aren't giving up that ability.
- Only bladed weapons and whips may be infused with Bleed. Ranged weapons and blunt weapons (including the Morning Star) cannot be infused with Bleed.
- A notable exception is the Notched Whip, which may not be infused or coated/enchanted via any means, likely to balance out its extremely high base bleed rating.
- Possible to get when trading Smooth & Silky stone to Dyna and Tillo.
- In the Grave of Saints after defeating the Royal Rat Vanguard. Pass the Rat King and drop down a pit onto a spiral series of coffins. Land on a stone bridge overlooking a wooden one (Entrance to The Gutter), and on a corpse along the stone bridge is a bleed stone.
- On a corpse in Sinner's Rise, behind an Illusory Wall. Go down the elevator towards the Lost Sinner, when you get off and walk down into the water, make an immediate right and you'll find an Illusory Wall that opens if you press the action button.
- Obtained from three crawling enemies up the stairs at the Rise of the Dead bonfire in the Shrine of Amana.
- Can be bought from Stone Trader Chloanne after clearing Drangleic Castle.
- 3 Bleed Stones are found in a chest in the Dragon Sanctum (Crown of the Sunken King DLC) along with 3 Boltstones.
- Lizard creatures (Shrine of Amana)