Twinkling Titanite is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Reinforce special equipment up to +5
- 3 Sold by Stone Trader Chloanne after obtaining the King's Ring. She can also give you a twinkling titanite when talking to her after spending 20,000 souls at her shop.
- Can be traded for either Small Smooth & Silky Stone or Smooth and Silky Stone by Dyna & Tillo at Things Betwixt.
- 1 inside the metal chest blacksmith McDuff sits on in his workshop. Light the torch in the workshop to move him off of it
- 1 on a dead body in Earthen Peak after purchasing the ladder for 2000 souls from Laddersmith Gilligan. (You are able to drop down with the cat ring and an at least 15 Vigor, I believe more.)
- 1 in an iron chest in Iron Keep, behind the second Archer Captain on a, which you have to climb a ladder to reach.
- 1 on a corpse in the Shaded Ruins guarded by four basilisks (3 in NG+ and onward can be farmed here using bonfire ascetics, however, the boss will need to be killed).
- 1 in a chest at Doors of Pharros, first Pharros' contraption on the right after going up the ladder will unlock a path below it with a chest containing one and a Faint Stone.
- 1 on a corpse in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. From the Chapel Threshold bonfire, go out the exit toward Prowling Magus fight, take a right, drop down onto the ledge with the crystal lizard, turn around to find another ledge with the treasure. Use Silvercat Ring to fall down to the ground. Watch out for homing magic.
- 1 in a chest in The Gutter, in the middle level of a tower, reachable by jumping off a narrow ledge before you get invaded by Melinda the Butcher. (Is a Mimic in SoTFS and contains Lightning Winged Spear, Dark Armor, and no twinkles)
- 2 on corpses in Drangleic Castle. The first in the room with the poison dart faces and the second in King's Passage, just before the Mirror Knight.
- 1 on corpse in Shrine of Amana. After the first bonfire, open the door down the first set of stairs and attack the branch holding the glowing item just outside the door. The ore will drop down into the water where it can be picked up once you go down the spiral staircase and take a right.
- 1 in chest in Shrine of Amana. In the cave before the second bonfire with 4 lizardmen guarding it. (does not respawn)
- Unlimited farming: 7 from the crystal lizards in the Dragon nests in Dragon Aerie. If you can kill or avoid the dragons, farming this place with Bonfire Ascetics will get you a ton of upgrade materials. (NOTE: If you kill the dragons they might drop twinkling titanite which may make it seem like the twinkling drops from the lizards are random but they're not.) One of the titanites is located down on a dead-end ledge, which is just next to the endpoint of the zipline, which leads back to the bonfire. In SOTFS There is Bonfire Ascetic in the cave which is directly after bonfire.
- 1(3 in NG+) found in a wooden chest at Dragon Shrine, up the stairs to the left of the first Drakekeeper wielding a Giant mace. (Note: This chest guarded by another Drakekeeper. If you aren't careful, the drake keeper's swings may break it).
- 2 on a corpse located just before the Memory of Jeigh, in the Forest of Fallen Giants. Just before accessing the memory, drop down on the left. This corpse is useful for farming twinkling titanite via Bonfire Ascetics, however you do need to kill the Giant Lord. Thankfully, there is also Bonfire Ascetic located within the memory, so you can essentially farm this area infinitely. Scholar of the First Sin, the Titanite no longer respawns.
- 3 on a corpse in Shulva - Sanctum City.
- Unlimited farming: 3 in a wooden chest in Dragon's Sanctum, in the hallway you reach after passing the first two Sanctum Knights and their bodies and past the trap room with the Sanctum Soldiers and Dark Witch, you enter the hallway after going through the circle mechanism, go in the room to your left after you jump over the hole in the floor. Be careful of the soldier around the corner and the spike trap on the floor at the top of the stairs - it'll trigger spears from the wall along the stairwell down, but you can also use it to lure the two enemies who will chase you up the stairs. The chest will be on the right at the bottom of the stairs. Also contains 3 Petrified Dragon Bones. Fantastic farming place here because there is a wooden chest before this one with an ascetic (SOTFS version does not have the ascetic in this chest anymore) in it, hence you can keep doing it as many times as you'd like. Make sure you use the ascetic on the Tower of Prayer bonfire. You might also want to pick up the two large souls and the repair powder on your farming run as well, as they're also respawned by the ascetic and along the route.
- 2 on a corpse in Dragon's Sanctum on the spiked surface.
- 6 total on 2 corpse in Dragon's Sanctum near the last set of Drakeblood Knights.
- 2 on a corpse in the tower where you retrieve the Scorching Iron Scepter.
- 2 on a corpse in Brume Tower after activating the elevators and going down two levels near where you find the Tower Key.
- 3 in a wooden chest in Brume Tower after the Upper Floor bonfire. (Can be farmed with bonfire ascetics from the foyer bonfire; third one)
- 1 dropped by a (non-respawning) Flexile Sentry just before the Shrine of Winter, on the eastern path away from the Ruined Fork Road bonfire in the Shaded Woods.
- Drops from Archdrake Pilgrim and Amana Priestesses in the Shrine of Amana.
- Since Patch 1.10 allows for infinite respawns while in the Company of Champions, killing Archdrake Pilgrims and Amana Priestesses is probably the best way to farm Twinkling Titanite without the use of Ascetics. The Archdrake Pilgrim behind the door to the left down the first flight of stairs from the Tower of Prayer bonfire will only drop Twinkling Titanite and Old Radiant Life Gems, so this particular Archdrake Pilgrim is ideal for farming without cluttering your inventory with Archdrake weapons and armor. This is actually false, he does have a chance of dropping pieces of the Archdrake Set.
- 1 dropped from the Pursuer encountered in Things Betwixt (SoTFS, in the shore with Ogres found after the petrified statue).
- 1 dropped from each Pursuer encounter in Lost Bastille (SoTFS):
- The Tower Apart bonfire, going outside and to the left, located in the same room as the chest containing a Fragrant Branch of Yore and the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring.
- Servants' Quarters bonfire, going down the ladder to the dark room with a Pharros contraption.
- Straid's Cell bonfire, going down the set of stairs and behind three illusory walls in an area overlooking the main courtyard, spawns near the Bracing Knuckle Ring.
- Exile Holding Cells bonfire, going down the ladders to the main courtyard with many dogs and crossbowmen.
- Drops from Poison Statue Cluster in the Shulva - Sanctum City (rare)
- Drops from Rampart Golems in Frozen Eleum Loyce.
|Weapon 0 to +1||Weapon +1 to +2||Weapon +2 to +3||Weapon +3 to +4||Weapon +4 to +5|
|Armor 0 to +1||Armor +1 to +2||Armor +2 to +3||Armor +3 to +4||Armor +4 to +5|
e gave the titanite after I had bought all the twinkling titanite she offered
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
There are 5 of these along with 3 Petrified Dragon Bones in an iron chest hidden behind a wall opened by shooting a button on the ceiling in the Dragon's Sanctum. It's in the area just past the 2 Sanctum Knights where there are a bunch of Sanctum Soldiers lying about. There's also four crystal lizards that are hiding in one of the first rooms with a Drakeblood knight further in Dragon's Sanctum that I am pretty sure all drop Twinkling Titanite as well. There is just an insane amount of twinkling titanite in the Crown of the Sunken King DLC alone so great place to go if that's what you need.
Best place to farm from the archdrake guys in shrine of amana is rhoys resting place just run backwards past all the poison guys and there are 6 of them with their backs to you enjoy
The cleric near the Tower of Prayer bonfire does not drop Archdrake pieces at all. I've been farming him in SOTFS for the past 14 hours: he only drops Old Radiant Lifegems and Twinkling Titanite. Stop editing in blatantly false information; and if it is true for Vanilla DS2 then label it accordingly and don't just completely strikethrough a fact you bumbling oaf.
A Gargoyle in Aldia Keep drops Twinkling Titanite too. A nice bonus when farming Petrified Dragon Bones there.
Hey Fex editors, hardly anyone plays vanilla anymore. Maybe edit your pages accordingly.
I wish we had a convenant like Belfry to easily farm these.
Flexile Sentry is removed from Shaded Woods in Sotfs
burning an Ascetic at the foyer bonefire did not respawn the twinkling titanite in the chest at the upper level bonfire.
im able to reach +4 on a special weapon without beating any of the 4 major bosses and before drangleic, not entering huntsmans copse at all. its pretty easy, but to get to +5 before that then you will have to use an aestetic, probably in the shaded woods split path, there is 2 twinklings guarded by falconers, the rest comes from persuers
Best place to farm is definitely dragon aerie just make sure to take off all armor and rings. it gives a bonfire ascetic every time so you can farm infinitely and has normal and twinkling titanite not to mention the dragon bones. just go in with a weapon to 1 shot the mummys and enjoy.
Using a bonfire ascetic on the second bonfire in shulva (the one in the high tower of prayer) gets you 1 soul of a hero and 1 of a great hero. On top of that 3 twinkling titanite and 3 petrified dragon bones. Since resetting the bonfire won't close the path you unocked on your first run, you can just run past the 2 guards on the bridge and through the now opened gate behind the priestess in the room with the ambush. Jump over the hole in the stairs, the buttons that unlock the secret room are still open. So you only have to deal with the 3 lancers inside. the wooden chest with the 3 PDB and 3 TT will refill constantly. So you only have to fight 3 enemies and can pick up the 2 souls on the way in around 2 minutes and 10 seconds. This is my preferred way of farming those resources as long as i have ascetics.
I found a way to get infinite twinkling titanite using a bonfire aesthetic that never runs out.
From the dragon aerie bonfire, take the path towards the corpse with the statue and bonfire ascetic pickup and kill the crystal lizard near the 3 eggs. This crystal lizard drops the first twinkling titanite for the run. This path heads towards the two zombies that explode by themselves when they see you incase you're wondering. don't worry. you won't take damage from each run. Also, there's 3 elizabeth mushrooms there too which as a bonus makes this an infinite elizabeth mushroom farm.
Now, head back to the bonfire and go up the ladder and look around the edges for a corpse with another twinkling titanite pickup.
Each run yields 3 elizabeth mushrooms and 2 twinkling titanite.
around 40 seconds a run and you only need 1 bonfire ascetic to do the loop. Got around 20 or so in twenty minutes or less.
Credits to Methodical Gamer on Youtube for this strategy.
Shrine of amana is really good for farming this. I got two from enemy drops in the path between the first and second bonfire, without any discovery bonuses.
There’s nearly enough twinkling titanite scattered all over the first dlc alone to fully upgrade a weapon. I imagine there’s plenty more in the next two but I can’t confirm.
In SOTFS, the respawning flexile sentry mini-boss in between the elevator and the lost sinner boss will drop some twinkling titanite very rarely.
The gargoyle near Central Castle Drangleic bonfire has a decent drop chance and also respawns (SOTFS)
If you take the left path from the Ruined Fork Road bonfire in Shaded Ruins (the path with the Falconers that leads to the Shrine of Winter), once you pass under the bridge and hug the wall of the tower, past two falconers, you get to a corpse holding 2 twinkling titanites, along with a consumable soul and a human effigy.
In Dragon Aerie, near where you can zipline to the closest zipline location to the shrine, on a ledge I found a Twinkling Titanite on a corpse
SoTFS 1 in the Gutter on a corpse. 5 corpses together with different items including Fragrant Branch of Yore and few stones for trading with crows
I have never seen twinkling titanite drop off the stag ladies (amana preistest) dose anybody know approximately the percent drop rate?
I got one from The Pursuer in Lost Bastille outside of McDuff's
Found some errors:
"1 in a chest in The Gutter, in the middle level of a tower, reachable by jumping off a narrow ledge before you get invaded by Melinda the Butcher. (Is a Mimic in SoTFS)"; The mimic does not drop a titanite.
"2 on corpses in Drangleic Castle. The first in the room with the poison dart faces..."; It is in the chest, there is no corpse in that room.
"1 dropped by a (non-respawning) Flexile Sentry just before the Shrine of Winter,"; The Flexile Sentry is no longer there in SotFS
The four Pursuers in Lost Bastile (Tower Apart near iron chest with Silver Serpent Ring, courtyard before McDuff, below the ladder next to Servants Quarters and on the balcony behind the dual illusory wall two floors below Straid's Cell) drop one each.
Please add the Pursuer drops in SoTFS.
Guys, I discovered a way to farm 8 Fragrant Branch of Yore in this one area. When you leave the bonfire ruin, turn right, past the fake ground that leads to Ornifex, kill the lion warrior's(optional), and go in front of the huge ruin which the middle leads to the path to Scorpioness Najka. When you get in front of that ruin, look across from it, and there is a small ruined area. You'll notice many cursed pots and a statue to block your way. If you time it right, you can jump over the short part of the wall, right behind a chest. When you make it, smash the pots and open the chest to find a Fragrant Branch of Yore and a full Lion Mage set. Lion Mage set will boost casting speed with all pieces. Great for early mages. Make sure you have a homeward bound or aged feather, or use your darksign if you have little or no souls. Once your back at the Shades Ruins bonfire, make sure to have a Bonfire Ascetic. Use this Ascetic to bring this area to NG+, then rinse and repeat the method. Just remember, that jump IS possible, but may be hard for some. I did it fourth try, so it's doable. Take note of my date of commentary to know the latest version is suitable for it. Just make sure you've killed the area's boss and lit the bonfire at Doors of Pharros, or you will have a doozy trying to get past her. Hope this helps for all who want more branches!
The lizard beside manscorpion Tark drops 2 shards, another chunk, and a boltstone, attach to my comment below**
Guys if you want all 3 rare crafting items go shaded Ruins! You get 1 chunk, 3 twinkling, and 2 petrified dragon bones, plus whatever the crystal lizard drops. The chest above the bonfire gives the chunk and 1 bone, the giant basalisk gives the other, and the 3 twinkling are beside where you rescue the bird lady... Hope this helps.-- Cadmus
The chest containing Twinkling Titanite in The Gutter was replaced with a Mimic in SotFS.
this was very helpful because I was doing a hexing build and because I was using sunset and the hexes clothing is really expensive for all of it
SotFS 1 in each of 4 persuers in Lost bastille
Just got a drop from the gargoyle in the cage in Aldia's Keep, just so you all know. it was in SOTFS if that makes a difference.
Another Unlimited Farming Spot:
In the Dragon Shrine, there is a chest with 3x of Twinkling titanite after the first drakekeeper going up some stairs before the great hammer drakekeeper.
This spot is easy and fast...
Also beating the Pursuer in the five spots he spawns in the Lost Bastille. He will drop one after each defeat. (Only can speak for SotFS for sure.)
The shrine of armana with golden serpent ring works very well
There are a lot of new ore locations in the 3 new DLCs. Why is this page locked?
Since I didn't notice this when reading the above page, I wanted to add that the dragon/gargoyle type guy (I'v only seen him once so far), in Drangleic Castle, will sometimes drop Twinkling Titanite.