Petrified Dragon Bone
Petrified Dragon Bone is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
Farming without using a Bonfire Ascetic
- You can farm these from the Dragon Acolytes in Aldia's Keep. Joining the Champion's Covenant allows unlimited spawning, making farming slightly easier.
- Can also be farmed from the Imperfect in the Lair of the Imperfect, along with Titanite Slabs, Twinkling Titanite, and Dragon Scales.
- Used to upgrade boss soul weapons.
- 15 needed to max out just ONE weapon. A significant amount.
- 1 on a corpse in the Iron Keep after turning off the fire in the room near the Smelter Demon.
- 1 on a corpse hanging from the broken staircase opposite to the Smelter Demon boss room. (sotfs only)
- 1 in the Shaded Woods, in a wood chest one level above the "Shaded Ruins" bonfire (can be respawned by burning a Bonfire Ascetic).
- 1 in the Doors of Pharros, inside a trapped chest near the spike walls.
- 1 on a corpse in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, out the door and right from the "Lower Brightstone Cove" bonfire.
- 1 from the blue crystal lizard in Brightstone Cove Tseldora near the "Chapel Threshold" bonfire.
- 1 on a corpse in Lost Bastille, in the room next to the Straid's Cell bonfire room (requires the Bastille Key to open the room).
- 1 in a chest in one of the side rooms with the Warrior Giants below Black Gulch.
- 1 on a corpse in Drangleic Castle next to the curse painting before the second bonfire.
- 1 in a mimic chest in Drangleic Castle after the Central Castle Drangleic bonfire in the room with the Executioner's Chariot. The mimic is located up the stairs on the right past the Old Knights.
- 1 on the corpse before the Looking Glass Knight boss room, in the passageway with Stone Knights (requires Bonfire Intensity 2+).
- 1 in the Shrine of Amana, after the third bonfire lying in the water.
- 1 in the Undead Crypt, in the first room past the second bonfire on the ground.
- 1 on the ground, in a bush just after and left of the gate before Aldia's Keep, near the first bonfire. Right where you get attacked by the rat-dog things who try to petrify you.
- 1 after the skeleton dragon in Aldia's Keep in the mirror gallery behind the stairway.
- 1 in the pool of corrosive acid past the second bonfire Aldia's Keep. (Farm this one as you farm Dragon Scale and Soul Geyser).
- 2 can be found on corpses in the Dragon Aerie. The treasure is behind the dragon eggs on the path to the right before the second wyvern (it is also worth noting that it is possible to farm the crystal lizards in the area for the bones as they frequently drop them, however, this requires the use of bonfire ascetics).
- 3 in Dragon's Sanctum in the hallway with the repeating arrow trap after hitting the switch on the ceiling.
- 8 can be found in an iron chest in Brume Tower behind a breakable wall in the room past the Foyer Bonfire by blowing up a barrel kobold near it.
- 2 can be found on a corpse in the tower where you retrieve the Scorching Iron Scepter.
- 3 can be purchased from Stone trader Chloanne for 17500 each (after obtaining the King's Ring).
- Possible trade for Petrified Something, Smooth & Silky Stone, or Small Smooth & Silky Stone from Dyna and Tillo at Things Betwixt;
- 1 drops from Ancient Dragon in Dragon Shrine.
- (Not available in SotFS)1 drops from the Great Basilisk in Shaded Woods, near "Shaded Ruins" bonfire.
- Randomly drops from the Great Basilisk in Aldia's Keep.
- Randomly drops from Dragon Acolytes in Aldia's Keep.
- Randomly drops from the Wyverns in Dragon Aerie.
- Randomly drops from The Imperfect near the third bonfire of Dragon's Sanctum. Relatively high drop rate with drop chance increasing items equipped.
- Randomly drops from the Frozen Reindeer monsters in Frigid Outskirts.
Farming with Bonfire Ascetics:
- 3 Petrified Dragon Bone in addition to 3 Twinkling Titanite can be farmed indefinitely in Dragon's Sanctum by using a bonfire ascetic on the Tower of Prayer bonfire then making your way to the wooden chest after the spike trap room while making sure to pick up the bonfire ascetic in another wooden chest along the way. This method requires only a single bonfire ascetic to start and will replenish itself each run. The enemies on this run are very susceptible to Yearn / Alluring Skulls, which can make the trip much more efficient on higher bonfire intensities. The Bonfire Ascetic doesn't respawn in Scholar of the First Sin).
- Alternatively, the Lair of the Imperfect bonfire in Dragon's Sanctum, although not infinite, this route provides 3 Petrified Dragon Bones, Human Effigy, Dried Root, a duplicate of Drakeblood Greatsword and more drops from The Imperfect.
- Also, you can try farming the lizards at Dragon Aerie (and a corpse outside near the 2nd dragon has 2 bones every time). The Dragons have a chance to drop Bones.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
you can farm 2 of them + Bonfire Ascetic in Aldia's Keep. From the Bonfire look straight ahead and you´ll see 2 items (another one to the right of you) the one in the far back is 1x of them + a Soul then go in and eather kill the invader or run up the stairs to the giant Statue and pull the leaver to despawn him. go back down and use 2 Fragrant Branches of Yore to free the 2 hollows (one of them drops 2 Bonfire Ascetics and they respawn with a Bonfire Ascetic) and if you continue into the room with the multiple mirrors there is a corpse sitting at the base of a pillar with another Dragon Bone) you can repeat as much as you like.
For SoFS: The best method to infinitely farm PDB and a whole bunch more goodies without having to kill dragon acolytes goes like this:
In Aldia's Keep you're gonna want to use a bonfire ascetic on the Foregarden bonfire.
From there, if you exit the cabin and head back facing the king's door, you'll see some corpses with items.
-The one furthest, laying on some grass will have your first PDB and a soul of a nameless soldier.
Also to note, the mimic that's to the right of the cabin, will also respawn, so if you wanna farm the symbol of avarice then there you go.
From there you can find a radiant life gem in the little pond heading up the stairs into the keep, you wanna go inside the keep, ignore Aslatiel who will invade and head straight to the room where you'll find the mirrors, ignore the mirror knights, behind the staircase. From there, the corpse hanging from the mirror will give you a large soul of a great warrior, and on the corpse closes to the chest you will find your second PDB and a Northern Ritual Ring +2.. You can later sell those to gavlan I guess.
To finish your run. You're gonna head upstairs where the giant basilisk is. And you're gonna unpetrify the first guy closest to the staircase. He will always drop 2 bonfire ascetics. So not only will you never run out, but you will also farm those. After you're done. Head inside the room with the dragon lever and close the door. Aslatiel will despawn and you'll be able to feather/homeward out. From there, Repeat.
Earliest maximum level PDB upgrade route by killing just 5 bosses. Theoretically you can do it by just killing 2 bosses but it's not optimal.
Pick Knight class and Bonfire Ascetic as your gift.
1. Kill Maughlin in Majula and wear his set. Don't forget to take the titanite shard in his house
-2.Cheese Dragonrider and use the souls to level up vigor
-3.In FOFG enter the room with the ballistas and go down the ladder. Hit the door and grab the large titanite shard in the chest.
4. Kill Last Giant and The Pursuer. Use their souls to level up vigor so that you have at least 1370 health. Put rest of the souls into dex. Then buy a rapier from lenigrast.
5.Pick all the upgrade materials and covetous silver ring in lost Bastille( kill the pursuer while you're at it). This should leave you with 6 titanite shards and 5 large titanite shards. Buy another from McDuff and upgrade the rapier to +6.
6. Go down the pit in Majula (you need 1370+ health to survive without the ring). Skip the gutter and black gulch and kill the rotten. Use his soul. You should put points into ADP now. 92 agility is fine.
7. Kill those 2 giants in Black Gulch and get the forgotten key. Go down the pit in Majula and grab the dragon talon to enter sunken king dlc.
~SUNKEN KING DLC~
8. Skip every enemy until you get to dragons sanctum. The first building after the bridge that sinh throws fireballs at. Once in the building go right where you can see ghost enemies and their tombs. Don't enter there instead continue down the hall. There will be a button at the ceiling. Shoot it with your bow and get 3X PDB from the chest. Then drop down to that room with black witch enemy after shooting the button 3 times. Go down the narrow hall and shoot the buttons. There you will see a secret button to your right. Shoot it enter the room. Kill the enemies and open the wooden chest after the spike trap. There will be 3x PDB'S there. You now have 6.
9. Continue to proceed until you reach a big room with spiked on the ground. hit every button you see.Run until you reach a broken stairs. Stand on that staircase and look to your right uppper back. Shoot the button once more and go back to the spiky place and climb the stone ladder there. Grab the bonfire. After that go down to that spiky area and open the iron chest you unlocked by shooting the button. Grab the dragon key.
10. Proceed until you reach the watery area with weird giant enemies. Ignore all and grab the bonfire that is ahead of you. Continue running until you reach a big stone thing. Use the dragon key there and proceed the area. Go up the bog stairs and then go all the way down. Until you reach the area with drake blood knights. Go all the way down( don't forget the secret wall bonfire there) to base floor. Go and fight Elena now. This is the hardest part but you should be able to kill her with +6 rapier with a lightning pine resin you grabbed from lost Bastille, 30 vigor and 25+ dex. ( I just did it that's why I'm writing this comment).
11. Now go to the first secret bonfire in the room with spikes. From there go back and reach the room with a lot of enemies and tombstones. Grab the Eternal Sanctum Key there.
12. After you kill her go to the Prayer Room bonfire. Go down and proceed to the big building after the bridge. Use the eternal sanctum key and loot those chests. In one of them there are 2x bonfire ascetics
13. Go to the Prayer Room bonfire and use an ascetic there. Now go all the way to the spike trap room with the chest with 3x PDB and Twinkling Titanites. Grab those and repeat this 2 more times. That should grant you 9x PDB's. With the 6 you got before that's 15 in total. Just enough to max one boss weapon.
And that's it , maxing a boss weapon in 5 bosses. Good job if you succeeded it. And sorry for my bad england, English is not my native language.
The lair of the imperfect is a great way to farm these at any NG level while in the champions conevant. They’ll keep respawning after 9 times as long as you stay with the champions
There is no Petrified Dragon Bone in King's Passage. It's a Petrified Something.
In SotFS, down in Shrine of Amana, the Dragonrider on the bridge that leads to a locked door has a low chance of dropping Petrified Dragon Bones. Note that I have Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1 and the Jester's Cap equipped. First playthrough, no Bonfire Ascetics and I am currently in the Pilgrims of Dark covenant.
For those who wonder where the petrified hollows are in Aldia's Keep for the farm route, they are still there, although not pretrified; you just have to wait for them to run towards you, since they spawn further from where they were before. Of course, they will still drop the ascetics.
ok so the petrified dragon bone "on the corpse on the broken staircase near the pharros contraption in iron keep" was mentioned twice and i didnt find it (i think its only in NG+ or scholar of the first sin) and the one thats supposedly before the looking glass knight boss room isnt there either
Its a slow farming strat but really easy and good, all you'll need is 1 bonfire ascetic and 2 branches. Once you go through the entire area back where the basilisk is there is 2 petrified hollows if you unpetrify the right one he always drops 2 bonfire ascetics and the one on the left drops 2 Elizabeth mushrooms and 2 wilted dusk herbs. right under there there is the mirror room go to the middle mirror and get the soul of a brave warrior i believe, and on the left behind a pillar there is a petrified dragon bone and northern ritual band +2, get all that and warp back to the ForeGarden bonfire, and go out of the shed and on the left in grass patches there is a petrified dragon bone and soul of a nameless soldier. It is very slow but super easy and relatively short but you can do it forever because you get 1 bonfire ascetic each run guaranteed to keep.
I just checked the room with all the stone knights and there was a petrified something but not a petrified dragon bone
GUARANTEED pdb farm in sotfs(along with some other goodies) :
In aldias keep room with bone dragon, there's 2 petrified hollows (near the giant basilisk i think). One of them drops 2 ascetics and the other drops some shrooms and herbs. I forgot which drops which so might as well unpetrify both.
Meanwhile in the area under that, the one with the mirror knights, there's a corpse with a petrified dragon bone and northern ritual band+2. The cycle is like giant lord. Snatch the bone, kill the 2 hollows, burn ascetic, rinse and repeat.
There's one in a chest in Drangleic Castle after the room with the poison darts in SOFS.
Has anyone made the math of how many bones you need to upgrade EVERY weapon?
For everyone talking about the imperfect being hard, back up to the door, they cant get in. Use a bow (i used hunters black bow and high dex build) just move away from their projectiles, its been awhile but i believe you can stand in a spot and they wont even hit you
I never thought I would see the day, when I was playing Dark Souls and be pissed that I got a slab drop rather than a dragon bone. In one hour, 19 slabs, 4 dragon bones, 6 scales. I was just lookin for the bones.
For a hexer, farming these things is not that bad, after you get there attacks figured out, but still, the slightest misstep and you are done. On new game, in the CoC, with a hexer build, you can poison the one closest to the bonfire with 2 casts of Dark Fog, then hit them with 3 dark greatsword casts. They are very weak to dark and also weak to strike, so if you have a strike weapon buffed with dark in your right hand, and your sunset staff in the left and you open up with dark fog, you can strafe to the right and if you have them poisoned and land all your dark greatswords in the face, you can farm them quickly. Lots of scales, lots of bones, and lots of slabs, however, slabs are much more easily farmed from the stone soldiers that you can one shot. I would not recommend farming these after NG +1, unless you're that dead nasty. The hardest part is that you are not able to roll fast and move well in the water. And remember, just kill the one closest to the bonfire and reset, you will be able to farm much faster that way.
The easiest way to farm these were the Imperfect in Shulva. I farmed them to get Dragon Scales but I got so many Dragon Bones and Titanite slabs as well. But I think I never got Twinkling Titanite, I'm Playing Sotfs. The bad thing is, I'm in NG+3 and these guy***** HARD! I have the most HP you can get by 99 Vigor, 50 in all stats, etc. But Damn, these guy***** hard and their lingering hitboxes when they jump or stomp are the most dangerous. Also watch out to not get ganked, they are a pain and annoying when in groups. So, in early NG Cycles, they're good, later on... Not so much. Have fun at your own risk. But it's better than burning Ascetics imo.
Go to aldia's keep, unpetrifiy the hollow with the two ascetics but don't unfreeze the ogre, join the company. Use the ascetic at aldia's, grab the dragon bone, and go kill the guy with the ascetic and repeat This will yield infinite ascetics and dragon bones. You're welcome.
after all this time still no one mentioned the dragon bone that is in SOtFS version next to straid of olafis on the next cell that requires you to beat ruin sentinel to get the key next to breakable barrels on the ledge, it replaces an item from vanilla ds 2 that was fire seed or something been too long since ive played vanilla ds 2
Aldia's Keep seems good for this, from the second bonfire near the acid pool. There is a mimic in the room with the warlock / gargoyle / hammer bros that drops a bonfire ascetic, the hammer bros have a chance of dropping a petrified dragon bone, and the caged area with the acid has a respawning body with a dragon bone. Pretty good farming spot. You're guaranteed at least 1 per ascetic, and will likely get 5+ (and a lot of souls) if you farm the acolytes + gargoyle + warlock until they're all dead. I take down the warlock and gargoyle with poison arrows and just greatsword spam the acolytes.
In SotFS, there's no dragon bone before the looking glass knight boss room. at least I didn't find any
Missed one in the drangleic castle. Its in the room right before the forgotten chamber bonfire right next to the nashandra portrait that curses you.
Ascetic farming method on tower of prayer bonfire is relevant only in vanilla version of the game. I believe in sotfs it was fixed by replacing wooden chests with metal ones
Jesus. I take my comment back. Hes just not explaining it right. The spike trap room he mentioned is the one where the spikes come through the walls on the stairs, there are 2 wooden chests that do respawn.
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS FOOL. BURNING AT THE TOWER OF PRAYER DOES NOT RESET THE CHESTS BECAUSE THEY ARE METAL.
You are a scumbag liar.
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON.
Wiki says Dragon Sanctum. It's actually Sanctum City, and the bones are in an iron chest.
There is one on the body on the broken wooden stairs in Iron Keep aswell. At least there was in ng+2 .
1 is behind locked door next to Straid
you can also get rare/boss weapons from the crows if you trade
I tried the ascetic farm and none of the chests reset
Using a bonfire astetic on the tower of prayer won't affect the elana fight will it?
The easiest way to farm these Petrified Dragon Bones is, i believe, is in Dragon Aerie. Yes, you have to burn Bonfire Ascetic every time, but in the first "cave" you go into, there is everytime new Bonfire Ascetic on the first corpse. In first Wyvern nest, on the right side is the first one (dropped from Crystal Lyzard). Two more bones on right side before you enter second Wyvern nest on corpse and one more is dropped from one Crystal Lyzard in the second Wyvern nest. So its 4 Petrified Dragon Bones almost for free.
Farming the Imperfect (Dinosaur monsters) by the third bonfire is by far the easiest way. They have an insanely high drop rate with serpent ring +1 and Symbol of Avarice. Additionally, they also drop Titanite slabs and Dragon Scales!