Petrified Dragon Bone
Petrified Dragon Bone is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
Farming without using a Bonfire Ascetic
- You can farm these from the Dragon Acolytes in Aldia's Keep. Joining the Champion's Covenant allows unlimited spawning, making farming slightly easier.
- Can also be farmed from the Imperfect in the Lair of the Imperfect, along with Titanite Slabs, Twinkling Titanite, and Dragon Scales.
- Used to upgrade boss soul weapons.
- 15 needed to max out just ONE weapon. A significant amount.
- 1 on a corpse in the Iron Keep after turning off the fire in the room near the Smelter Demon.
- 1 on a corpse hanging from the broken staircase opposite to the Smelter Demon boss room.
- 1 in the Shaded Woods, in a wood chest one level above the "Shaded Ruins" bonfire (can be respawned by burning a Bonfire Ascetic).
- 1 in the Doors of Pharros, inside a trapped chest near the spike walls.
- 1 on a corpse in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, out the door and right from the "Lower Brightstone Cove" bonfire.
- 1 from the blue crystal lizard in Brightstone Cove Tseldora near the "Chapel Threshold" bonfire.
- 1 on a corpse in Lost Bastille, in the room next to the Straid's Cell bonfire room (requires the Bastille Key to open the room).
- 1 in a chest in one of the side rooms with the Warrior Giants below Black Gulch.
- 1 on a corpse in Drangleic Castle next to the curse painting before the second bonfire.
- 1 in a mimic chest in Drangleic Castle after the Central Castle Drangleic bonfire in the room with the Executioner's Chariot. The mimic is located up the stairs on the right past the Old Knights.
- 1 on the corpse before the Looking Glass Knight boss room, in the passageway with Stone Knights.
- 1 in the Shrine of Amana, after the third bonfire lying in the water.
- 1 in the Undead Crypt, in the first room past the second bonfire on the ground.
- 1 on the ground, in a bush just after and left of the gate before Aldia's Keep, near the first bonfire. Right where you get attacked by the rat-dog things who try to petrify you.
- 1 after the skeleton dragon in Aldia's Keep in the mirror gallery behind the stairway.
- 1 in the pool of corrosive acid past the second bonfire Aldia's Keep. (Farm this one as you farm Dragon Scale and Soul Geyser).
- 2 can be found on corpses in the Dragon Aerie. The treasure is behind the dragon eggs on the path to the right before the second wyvern (it is also worth noting that it is possible to farm the crystal lizards in the area for the bones as they frequently drop them, however, this requires the use of bonfire ascetics).
- 3 in Dragon's Sanctum in the hallway with the repeating arrow trap after hitting the switch on the ceiling.
- 8 can be found in an iron chest in Brume Tower behind a breakable wall in the room past the Foyer Bonfire by blowing up a barrel kobold near it.
- 2 can be found on a corpse in the tower where you retrieve the Scorching Iron Scepter.
- 3 can be purchased from Stone trader Chloanne for 17500 each (after obtaining the King's Ring).
- Possible trade for Petrified Something, Smooth & Silky Stone, or Small Smooth & Silky Stone from Dyna and Tillo at Things Betwixt;
- 1 drops from Ancient Dragon in Dragon Shrine.
- (Not available in SotFS)1 drops from the Great Basilisk in Shaded Woods, near "Shaded Ruins" bonfire.
- Randomly drops from the Great Basilisk in Aldia's Keep.
- Randomly drops from Dragon Acolytes in Aldia's Keep.
- Randomly drops from the Wyverns in Dragon Aerie.
- Randomly drops from The Imperfect near the third bonfire of Dragon's Sanctum. Relatively high drop rate with drop chance increasing items equipped.
- Randomly drops from the Frozen Reindeer monsters in Frigid Outskirts.
- 3 Petrified Dragon Bone in addition to 3 Twinkling Titanite can be farmed indefinitely in Dragon's Sanctum by using a bonfire ascetic on the Tower of Prayer bonfire then making your way to the wooden chest after the spike trap room while making sure to pick up the bonfire ascetic in another wooden chest along the way. This method requires only a single bonfire ascetic to start and will replenish itself each run. The enemies on this run are very susceptible to Yearn / Alluring Skulls, which can make the trip much more efficient on higher bonfire intensities. The Bonfire Ascetic doesn't respawn in Scholar of the First Sin).
- Alternatively, the Lair of the Imperfect bonfire in Dragon's Sanctum, although not infinite, this route provides 3 Petrified Dragon Bones, Human Effigy, Dried Root, a duplicate of Drakeblood Greatsword and more drops from The Imperfect.
- Also, you can try farming the lizards at Dragon Aerie (and a corpse outside near the 2nd dragon has 2 bones every time). The Dragons have a chance to drop Bones.