Darknight Stone is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Can only be used at Blacksmith Steady Hand McDuff
- Used to imbue equipment with darkness. This reduces the Strength and Dexterity scaling, but adds Intelligence and Faith scaling. (Different weapons add different tiers of scaling)
- Given in exchange for Smooth & Silky Stone (Small Smooth & Silky Stone also works) with Dyna and Tillo.
- The Crystal Lizard on the bridge at the bottom of the Grave of Saints, right before the entrance to The Gutter.
- Inside a Chest in the Undead Crypt, passing straight through the door which leads to the boss corridor.
- Found on a corpse near one of the drakes in Dragon Aerie.
- Found on Apostles in Undead Crypt (Keeping a few of their tombstones up means quick and infinite respawning. Just hit the bell)
- 3 are sold by Stone trader Chloanne after obtaining the King's Ring.
- 2 are found in a body in the moving platforms in Shulva - Sanctum City, in the DLC Crown of the Sunken King
- Basilisks (Brightstone Cove Tseldora, Shaded Woods, Things Betwixt, and Aldia's Keep)
- Leydia Pyromancers (Undead Crypt)
||Old Mundane Stone||Mundane|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Best strength weapon for Darkness? Probably the plain great sword, I'd imagine, but I'd like to hear another opinion.
Is it just me, or does this stone factually have to lowest drop rate in the game? I farmed the bas from the beginning of the game and I have at least 20 of every other stone and only 3 dark stones.
The basilisks behind the petrified statue in Things Betwixt also drop them.