Raw Stone is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Can only be used at Blacksmith Steady Hand McDuff
- Used to change a weapons class to Raw. This increases the weapons base damage, but removes all scaling.
- Adds approximately +6% to the chosen weapons all around attack stats. (Note: Almost everytime, there's a better option available for a certain weapon. Make sure that the damage bonus you get from this stone is worth losing ALL the scaling a weapon has.)
- Crossbows are a good choice for this upgrade as they don't have scaling.
- Also a good choice for Santier's Spear, as it has no scaling whatsoever. (However, once you get 50+ int, Enchanted will start to outscale Raw.)
- Drops from a Crystal Lizard found in Ordeal's End in the Doors of Pharros area.
- In a chest, in the cave next to the first Dark Magic Giant you encounter in Harvest Valley.
- Crystal Lizard in the area between Gyrm's Respite and Royal Army Campsite.
||Old Mundane Stone||Mundane|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
How does this work?
Stone Trade Chloanne sells this stone too. Limited to 3 and priced at 6000 each.
You can switch the character stats shown on the infusion screen to see actual final damage difference that consists of base+scaling damage when you hover over various infusions, if you have that weapon equipped. Raw is usually worse than standard even at base requirements to wield the weapon (even at half the strength, two-handed). Heavy Crossbow is the only weapon I bothered infusing with Raw so far.
For some reason on the thorned greatsword (which already is imbued with lightning) it increases both lightning and physical attack.
A Gyrm Greathammer does about 150 more damage with raw than standard if you have 50 strength. I don't know why.
there is no crystal lizard in ordeals end and there is no mention of one anywhere else
The Bluemoon Greatsword is also a good choice since it has no scaling.