Rat Tail is a multiplayer & Covenant item in Dark Souls 2.
- Used to deepen Rat King Covenant
|0||Upon entering covenant||Crest of the Rat|
|1||10 Rat Tails||10 Small Smooth & Silky Stone|
|2||20 Rat Tails||10 Smooth & Silky Stone|
|3||35 Rat Tails||Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring|
- Received upon defeat of the .
- Received upon defeat of the Royal Rat Authority.
- Rare drop from rats.
- Received by beating a summoned grey phantom when wearing the Crest of the Rat.
- Assuming you have the same amount of bonfire ascetics as the amount of Rat Tails you want, then these can be farmed quite rather quickly by using a bonfire ascetic, respawning, and then defeating the Royal Rat Vanguard; This boss is very easy to kill, even on NG7+ (Flame Swathe, weapons with wide sweeping attacks, etc.), and there is also a bonfire right next to the boss room.