Cracked Red Eye Orb
Cracked Red Eye Orb is a Multiplayer item in Dark Souls 2.
- Used to invade the worlds of other players.
- Must be Human.
- Must be in an area where PvP is allowed.
- 1x on a corpse in a cave in Things Betwixt.
- 2x found in Lower Cardinal Tower by the Fire Salamanders.
- 3x found in area near Soldier's Rest bonfire in the Cardinal Tower.
- 1x Iron Keep. Go up the ladder past the Mimic Chest and drop down to the ledges below.
- On a corpse above Bridge Approach bonfire in Huntsman's Copse.
- 2x on a corpse on a ledge above the staircase that leads up from the Executioner Chariot boss to the Brotherhood of Blood bonfire.
- Carefully walk along the narrow ledge to reach the alcove at the far end above the staircase.
- Drop from Fire Salamanders in the cave under Cardinal Tower bonfire.
- Drop from Torturers at the bridge to the Undead Purgatory in Huntsman's Copse.
- Drop from the three Piglets to the right of the Majula Mansion. (The three piglets, after farming them for a while, will become a spawn of two boars with higher drop rate, and when exhausted, one big boar, for a single drop of three orbs. Tested on multiple characters, NG, game finished)
- Can be traded for Smooth & Silky Stones given to Dyna and Tillo.
- 5 can be bought from Titchy Gren for 5,000 souls each (NG+, does not work with Bonfire Ascetic).
- Reward for winning a duel in Undead Purgatory.
- If the host dies, Invader receives 1 Token of Spite and gains souls 10% equivalent the cost of leveling up of the opponent.
- If used in the Dark Chasm of Old, the Invader will spawn as an Abyss Phantom (NPC Phantoms are also hostile towards the Invader).
- Small chance to be summoned by Looking Glass Knight anywhere in Drangleic Castle (got summoned while invading in Throne of Want.)
Multiplayer Time Limits
- An invader using the Cracked Red Eye Orb has 15 minutes to defeat the host.
- See Online for a complete list of multiplayer timers.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
imagine being fromsoft in 2014 and not adding in a full red eye orb yet having enough time to make 3 whole dlcs
The fact that a third of the comments here are talking about cheat engine, getting rid of auto save to easily farm them and other stuff shows how ridiculously hard it is to get these
The pvp is so fun but soul memory and farming orbs just ruin it. Also, after the Elden Ring wex dust patch it made every other game obsolete to me (I play on console), it's so much more fun invading anywhere at random.
some of yall complaining way too much
The first sin was making this game. The second was not putting a infinite invasion item. I just wanted to do some cool invasions on all games but no.
For PC SotFS, download Blue Acolyte DS2 anticheat. Not only will it backup your saves regularly, it will let you to re-use your cracked orbs and has Wex Dust functionality (searches all areas for hosts, not just the one you're in; blacklisting areas you don't want to invade etc).
Delicate String playthroughs would be more fun if more people invaded, but nobody wants to (or should) farm orbs for hours, which makes invasions rare, and kills blue covenants a little, by proxy. You could technically cheat the orbs in or dupe them, but that's a bother too.
Must be human???? This explains why this game is trash
I think the best solution to soul memory is to just make more characters. Low level pvp is underrated. And bell pvp is always active
Dark Souls 1? Regular red eye orb for easy endgame pvp. Dark souls 3? Regular red eye orb for easy endgame pvp. Dark souls 2? Slaughter pigs for 30 minutes.
Obnoxious game design
Really hate that there's not an uncracked version like in ds1 and ds3
Is it just me or the Dark Souls 2 invading\PvP community is a lot better and nicer than Dark Souls 3?
The actual easiest farm is to farm giant Lord (500k souls in a few minutes) then buy 50 from titchy Gren in ng+. Can fill up inventory and box in 10 minutes.
Ofc it’ll screw up your SM unless you’re transferring to another char, though.
The best way on PC is to use CE, i know its cheating but this is the best way cuz farming iis boring and i was farming a lot of them in the past but at some point i just get tired of it. Why they just don't make the same covenant that gives you Uncracked Red Eye Orb? With that thing of course im gonna farming. But not like this. If you gonna say farm it on arena then **** you cuz at that day you can't win that much hello guys from brazil and other scum undying ****s.
That **** almost ALWAYS drops from the Torturers near Undead Pugatory.
Best way to farm them in my opinion would be farming ascetics, then going to the Soldier's Rest bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants. There's a treasure here of 3 cracked red eye orbs. Just use ascetic, grab the orbs and repeat.
Imagine having no friends and using these to finally have some kind of human interaction from your basement.
If you don't want to use CE, because you don't want to or can't if you're on console this is the best way to farm these: Unpetrify the first hollow (or both if you want herbs and heals) in Aldia's crib and it'll drop 2 ascetics. Burn one of them at the first bonfire and then run back in and kill the hollow(s) to get 2 back. Mirrah nig will always spawn, but all you have to do is step over the threshold to the next area. He'll f-uck off and you can kill the hollows in peace. They should always drop down in the beginning and once you're at the back of the room just walk back to the stairs at the left and they should be there. Kill them and feather/bone out. Rinse and repeat. To get 33 ascetics it took me around 45 minutes, but I also went for the herb outside the mansion. Then go to the bonfire with the giant tree who gives you seeds of giants. From the bonfire jump across the gap, run to the door and up the ladder. WALK, yes walk, along the wall to the very end and pick up the 3 red eye orbs. There's also 1 effigy on the way there, but it can be "risky" picking it up. I'd recommend you walk a little bit further into the item after getting the prompt to pick the eye orbs up. If you have to, dodge the big nigga. Then drop down to the latter and let yourself get killed. That's the easiest way of keeping your souls safe in case you're staying below 40k SM and wanna have some backup souls. Repeat this 33 times and you'll have 99 eye orbs. This whole thing takes around 100-110 minutes. If you have a kind friend you could always only farm like 20 or so orbs and then drop them to your friend, back up your save data and then do it again until he has a full stack that he then drops for you. I don't know how save file management works on 8th gen, but I know you could use USBs for XBox 360. Just unplug the USB before dropping the items, disconnect, reload your save and etc.
Can these be given to other players?
please revise the titchy gren part as i can buy unlimited amount of this item for 10,000 each in softs at ng++
What a *****ing joke you can't even get it back if host disconnect and it's rare as***** now I know why dark souls 2 pvp is inactive
Farming in the duel arena is garbage. If you are
You can also find a few in Aldia's Keep. You have to light all of the fires, kill the Spirits that spawn when you light one, go back to the bonfire, then get the key because skeleton boi decides he wants to one hit you but also give you Aldia's Key at the same time. The key will unlock the doors to the right, be warned, all of the chests are Mimics. One or two Mimics drop this item (at least for me) and I'm pretty sure a corpse can also be looted for some.
What tier do I need to be to use it
how can I be "send home" by the host? What is this bs? happened 5 times to me (always same host)
anon says hi
acho melhor toda a galera que compra o jogo na STEAM e nos CONSOLES pedir pra BANDAI FROMSOFTWARE fazer uma atualização do game e coloca pra gata que fica em MAJULA vender o RED ORB INFINITO dessa forma vai ser muito melhor e o modo ONLINE do game vai esta vivo novamente.
I think better all a gal that buys the game in STEAM and in the CONSOLES ask BANDAI FROMSOFTWARE to make an update of the game and put to the cat that stay in MAJULA to sell the RED ORB INFINITO this form is much better and the ONLINE mode of the game will be alive again.
Thanks this is useful
The mega-boar can only be killed once.
Killing the three micro-boars in Majula 13 times triggers the 2 regular boars to spawn in their place. Likewise, killing the regular boars 13 times makes a mega-boar spawn there instead.
Work really good