Great Soul Arrow is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Sorcery, you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorcery.
Great Soul Arrow
Short to Long Range
"A spell superior to the Soul Arrow.
More powerful, and effective at damaging enemies resistant to physical attacks.
The strength of this spell is influenced by one's intelligence."
- Forest of Fallen Giants, in the room with the ballistas and 3 hollow soldiers
- No-Man's Wharf , sold by Carhillion of the Fold for 3,000 souls
- Iron Keep, sold by Magerold of Lanafir for 3,000 souls
- Shoots a projectile that deals magic damage. Casts faster than Great Heavy Soul Arrow but does less damage.
- Direct upgrade of Soul Arrow, same casting speed, higher INT requirement, less spell casts, higher damage (noticeable on higher INT as well)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Yeah there are three of these by Iron Keep.
Probably the best Soul Arrow. No Soul Arrow is a boss killer so longevity range and cast speed are crucial. Both great soul arrows often need two or three hits to kill and it's very rare that 2 GHSA kills where 3 GSA would be required. Both almost always kill in the same number of casts. GHSA can stagger slightly more but still requires the stone ring at which point this spell staggers just as well. Meanwhile the casting speed will out DPS all other Soul Arrows and your capacity is 40% better.
Should probably mention that this is also sold by that wizard dude I forgot the name of.