Manscorpion Tark is an NPC in Dark Souls 2
Manscorpion Tark Information
- You need to have the Ring of Whispers to communicate with him, and he can be summoned for the boss battle of the area.
- Gives Fragrant Branch of Yore after defeating Scorpioness Najka.
- Will give you Second Dragon Ring once you've killed The Duke's Dear Freja - You do not need to talk to him prior to defeating Freja to get the reward.
- Scholar of the First Sin - Gives Black Scorpion Stinger after defeating The Duke's Dear Freja.
- Can be summoned for Scorpioness Najka bossfight after exhausting his dialogue.
- Drops the Second Dragon Ring when killed.
Shaded Woods. From the Shaded Ruins bonfire, proceed straight ahead to the end of the bridge, then head left through the open doorway and climb the hill. Nearby to the left you will see a two storey ruined building, with cursed jars on both floors and in the basement. Clear the jars and head through the basement to a tunnel, which will take you to the room containing Tark.
Alternate route: Requres 2x Fragrant Branch of Yore. From the Shaded Ruins bonfire, climb the ramp next to the bonfire and turn 180 degrees so the player is facing the length of the bridge. Towards the left, the player can jump off, which will land them on a broken bridge. Proceed until finding a Lion Warrior statue - unpetrify it with the branch, then proceed past him to find the Body of Vengarl. After killing Vengarl, you will find a second Lion Warrior statue to unpetrify, which will open the way to Tark's room. This is much less dangerous than the other route as it allows the player to avoid any cursed jars, however this is also not an optimal use of Fragrant Branches, depending on the player's progression.
Note that summoning him as a Phantom removes him from his spawn location. Resting at a Bonfire will cause him to reappear.
- When attempting to speak to him without the Ring of Whispers equipped
- When speaking to him for the first time with the Ring of Whispers on
Human, are we?
This is no place for you. Be gone.
- When speaking the second time
Are you not afraid of me?
Humans rarely come here.
Those who do turn back when they see me.
Or make an attempt on my life.
But you, heh…are different.
- When speaking the third time
We once had a master. He created us long, long ago.
But he was born with a fatal flaw.
He resented those who had what he lacked, and became fully mired in hatred.
Eventually, he drove himself mad.
It was at the peak of this madness that he conjured up we strange creatures.
- When speaking the fourth time
Our master was a tragically lonely soul.
Eventually, his solitude eroded his very reason.
In the end, he never understood…
…what it was that he truly lacked.
- When speaking the fifth time
Nobody knows when we were born.
Or where our master has gone.
The only ones who even speak a human tongue are myself and my better half.
- When speaking the sixth time
I wish to ask a favour of you. I want you to kill my betrothed.
Once, I always found her at my side. But as time went on, things went awry.
She became violent, raging uncontrollably.
Eventually she came after me.
And we've been locked in combat ever since.
- When speaking to him the seventh time
We seem to be at a standstill. The wounds we exchange are never lethal.
I was born of my master's madness. Perhaps this is some curse.
I will be sure to assist you in return.
- When speaking the eight time
The past is a distant fog…
My name was Tark… That is all that I remember…
- When speaking to him after defeating Scorpioness Najka
You've defeated my better half.
This is my thanks. Take it.
- When speaking to him after defeating Najka
Long ago, there was a being with powers similar to ours.
The creature took the form of a spider.
But I don't know where it disappeared to.
Perhaps it was seduced by madness.
- When speaking to him after defeating The Duke's Dear Freja
What skill. You've defeated my master.
But our master never dies, only changes form, so that he may seethe for all eternity.
Brave human, you have yet to face your greatest perils.
Take these. May joy await you at the end of your travels.
- When speaking to him after defeating The Duke's Dear Freja and for future encounters
I have no gods to pray to.
But still I pray that your journey will be safe.
When attacked but not aggroed
Hrgkt! (no caption)
What are you doing!-
When attacked and aggroed
Have you been enslaved by madness?
- When attacked and health is under 50%
You wretched human!
- When killing the player
- When rencountered after defeat
The mad will never be forgiven.
- When killed
Arrggh... (no caption)