The Last Giant is a boss enemy in Dark Souls 2.
The Last Giant is a Boss enemy in Dark Souls 2. A large and ancient giant encountered in the Forest of Fallen Giants. Located down a wooden lift behind the locked door at the bottom of the ladder to the Cardinal Tower bonfire. The player will need to navigate the area past this bonfire in order to open the locked door and create a shortcut.
Apparently, the trees in the Forest of Fallen Giants are the remains of the Giants from long ago. Is this really the last of them?
- If you spoke to Pate and received the White Sign Soapstone, his summon sign will show up at the fog gate leading to the Last Giant.
- (SotFS) Sellsword Luet's small sign is located at the fog gate leading to the Last Giant, allowing his summoning as a shade for the fight.
- Though the Last Giant is commonly one of the first bosses a player will face, it is not actually necessary to defeat it until around the end of the game, due to requiring the key it drops to move on.
- Right next to the ladder that leads downwards from the cardinal tower bonfire is a locked door that can be opened from the other side (you reach it by simply going through the area). Behind that door is an elevator that leads further down, from the bottom you simply follow the hallway to the fog gate.
- Area boss of the Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Souls: NG: 10.000, NG+: 20.000, NG++: 25.000, NG+3: 27.500, NG+6: 35.000, NG+9: 40.000
- Soul of the Last Giant, Soldier Key
- Weakness(es): Fire, Lightning
- Strong against ?? , ?? and ?? damage.
- Weak Spot: ??
- Use ?? Item
|Foot Stomp||When near his ankle, lifts up his foot and attempts to stomp the player. This has a slightly larger hit area than perceived and will knock the player flat onto the ground and deal heavy damage if it connects.||- Attacking the ankles has a high chance of provoking this attack, but it's easy to see the attack coming. Just make sure to save some stamina so you can roll away to avoid being crushed.|
|Stomp Tantrum||The Giant will make three foot stomps in succession, alternating his feet between them. Gives the player ample time to attack one of his feet right after he makes the second stomp of the three.||- Always save a bit of stamina so that, when he goes to stomp, you can roll out of the way. Assuming you successfully dodge the first one, you can just stay back and wait for the tantrum to end. Or, after the second of the three stomps, run in and start hacking on the foot that's "done."|
|Arm Detach||After losing exactly half his health, the Giant will stop to tear his left arm off and wield it as a club. He is stationary and vulnerable while doing so.||- If you do enough damage to it, you are able to cut off his left arm before it is torn off preventing him from using it as a weapon.|
|Arm Sweep||Sweeps either arm in a semi-circle directly in front of himself. Wielding his arm as a club will extend the reach of this attack.||- Easy to avoid at close range by running between his feet.|
|Overhand Club||After detaching his arm, the Giant will be able to vertically smash the player with it.|
|Backstep||The Giant will slowly jump backward and away if the player attacks its ankles for too long.|
|Body Slam||Sometimes the Giant will stop and fall forward in an attempt to crush the player.
This deals massive damage, but dodging it gives the player an opportunity to attack the Giant's vulnerable head.
|- During this move, he will literally fall on his face trying to crush you and then will stay stunned and immobile on the ground more than enough time to land plenty of hits on him.|
|Bonfire Intensity||Souls Awarded|
- No changes to souls awarded beyond Bonfire Intensity 8.
The Last Giant is a large and ancient giant and is a formidable early-game boss. The arena is somewhat cramped and the boss will pursue you with moderate speed and has the ability to give itself spacing with a back step if you attack its ankles up close. Each of its legs and torso can be targeted. The key to this fight is staying out of reach of its arm sweep when using ranged/magic, or when engaging it up close, keeping clear of its foot stomp while conserving stamina for dodging and blocking. The foot stomps are particularly powerful and can make very quick death for a new character with low HP. When the giant reaches 50% remaining HP, it removes its left arm and uses it to increase the reach of its arm sweep. Additionally, see the "Body Slam" attack above for another viable range/melee technique.
However, this boss can be made fairly easy if you have the Fire Longsword. Alternatively, if you lack the requirements, you can instead use Gold Pine Resin(as the boss is weak to both fire and lightning). Stay near the ankles while smacking them with your sword, just make sure you keep enough stamina for a roll (it doesn't have to be a fast role). This should deplete its health fairly quickly. Make sure to roll away when the giant stomps (it has bad range so it shouldn't be too hard) and continue hitting the ankles. The arm sweeps will struggle to hit you if you remain at his ankles, making this attack fairly harmless. If the giant does his body slam attack, and it hits you, it should do immense damage. But it is very rare for the giant to perform this move but if he does and you survive the fight will likely end very quickly. Add Pate and Luet into the mix and this fight is trivial
Mild-mannered Pate can be summoned for this fight if the player is in Human Form, and has cleared the area he sits outside and exhausted his dialogue in the Forest of Fallen Giants (and thus received the White Sign Soapstone). His summon sign is located just outside the fog gate to the right. Summoning Pate can reduce the difficulty significantly. Pate will be able to occupy the Last Giant for much of the fight and soak up a large amount of damage.
DX11/SOTFS: Sellsword Luet
- It has a blind spot between its legs where its long reaching attacks cannot hit. However, the impact from its feet is dangerous.
- You can cut off the left arm of the giant, preventing him from gaining attack range at 50%~, though this is hard as there are very few chances to hit it.