|HP||~5300 (Standard Game)|
The Giant Lord is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
Giant Lord Information
The Giant Lord is a boss in Dark Souls 2, who is
within the Memory of Jeigh, which is found behind the King's Door in The Forest of Fallen Giants next to The Place Unbeknownst bonfire.
The Giant Lord appears to be the leader of the Giants who invaded Drangleic. He's quite a lot bigger and more slender than most other Giants. Unlike every other Giant, the Giant Lord wields a huge sword as opposed to the crude clubs most commonly seen in use by the Giants. He drops the Giant's Kinship, which will allow you to enter the final boss fight (having beaten the Throne Defender & Throne Watcher). It is required for progression.
- Boss of the Memory of Jeigh after examining a tree in the Forest of Fallen Giants.
- Giant Lord Soul
- Giant's Kinship
- Souls: 75 000 (Standard Game) 112,500 (NG+) 300,000 (Max. difficulty with bonfire ascetics) 360,000 (Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1) 390,000 (Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +2)
|Stomp||Akin to the Last Giant's stomp, it has a slight tracking and will inflict massive damage if it connects.||roll|
|Swing||The Giant Lord swings his sword from the front towards the back of him. This attack can and will hit you if standing behind his right leg. This attack can be followed up with a sword slam in front of him.||roll|
|Frontal Slam||The Giant Lord takes a step forward and slams his greatsword into the ground in front of him. This attack has a tricky roll-timing and is often used when you approach him to engage the fight. Sorcerers should take extra care, as he will use it when you are at range.||roll|
|Frontal Stab||The Giant Lord stabs his sword in front of him in a quick motion.||roll|
- Benhart of Jugo can be summoned for this encounter, provided the player has visited him in the Memory of Orro. To do this, his dialogue must be exhausted outside the Old Akelarre in the Shaded Woods and at central Drangleic Castle.
- Captain Drummond is an NPC Summon for the Giant Lord Boss Fight in Memory of Jeigh if dialogue is exhausted.
- Wait for the fire bombs to land, then approach the boss. If you are melee stand near his feet and circle him dodging his swipes and stomps. If you are range you can move to a platform left of the boss and safely shoot from there, while occasionally dodging his downward swing. Can be poisoned. Try not to move too far back to where the fire bombs land while you are fighting him or you might be hit by the barrage.(It does not stop even after the boss battle ends).
- Try not locking on, as the tight quarters can make it difficult for you to see what's going on. Instead, if you stay right by his feet there's actually not much he can do, besides a stomp that's highly telegraphed and easy to dodge. Just wail away and it shouldn't take long.
- Fire Tempest & Chaos fire storm are very effective. Giant does not move around a lot and this makes the boss fight very easy, suggest having an Elizabeth Mushroom and enough defense if things get dicey.
- Using any form of fire (combustion, greater combustion) and with an upgraded +10 dark pyro flame you can do 600 dmg+ per hit with great combustion and 600+ with firestorm. Just hug his feet and watch his stomps. Takes a matter of 2 minutes tops to topple this boss.
- Using Great Resonant Souls with Dark Caitha's Chime +10 and Abyss Seal under 53int+faith deals 955-1005 damage (requires all 14 shots acquired in NG to take down Giant Lord so ignore the lesser giants, wait until the statue head breaks the ballista on the right and then go straight to Giant Lord, once you reached the upper platform then you're mostly safe), while Dark Hail with Dark Sunset Staff +5 under 53int+faith deals 1500 damage if all orbs hit the Giant Lord.
- This boss is extremely easy if you go for dexterity build.
Giant Lord: Ranged, Sword & Board and Power Stance
- The platform to the left of the boss is nearly safe, he will not walk up it unless you purposely kite him there.
- The statue's head can separate the lesser giants from the boss field, eliminating the need of fighting those lesser giants under NG+7 difficulty. 95% of the time, you don't need to bother with the Giants at all. If one is still alive after the statue head rolls, you can kill the Giant or Homeward Bone/Feather out.
- Stay with his left leg, because his sword hits you if you're near the right one.
- It is possible to pull the Giant Lord into the fire bombs using range, but he takes no damage and more fire bombs appear when he aggros.
- It is possible to farm this boss endlessly to acquire souls, simply use a bonfire acsetic on the bonfire near the withered giant used to access the memory and then grab the ascetic on the first raised area of the wall to the left. It is also worth noting that there are two twinkling titanite down the small drop next to the memory so you can grab them and use a homeward bone/aged feather then continue onward and kill the boss. There is also a divine blessing behind a column on the right just before the boss but be careful as it is within the area that gets bombarded by fireballs.
- Weak to lightning.
- You cannot use the above farm to gather multiple Souls of a Giant, however you can use the Giant Lord Soul as a method of acquiring more souls per run.
- In Vammar's Memory, on roof with two pyromancers is Bonfire Ascetic, so if you take Ascetic in both memories, it can be a way to farm Ascetics.
- When farming him for souls, the use of the Tseldora Set is highly suggested with the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +2.
- After NG+7, having 50+ vgr (with Sacred Oath) will leave you with some health left after most of his attacks. His Frontal Slam will one shot you (i haven't tested beyond 50 vgr)(Tested with 93 vgr and you can survive two hits).
- The Dark infused Crypt Blacksword seems to be the hardest hitting weapon (that I've tested). Tested with str,dex,int and fth all at 40. More then that, the damage goes up by very little. A 2 hit combo of 2 handed light attacks does around 2000 damage (total) with Dark Weapon. The dark infused Sacred Chime Hammer does a good amount of damage also (although a bit less then the Crypt Blacksword) but the end lag of the 2 hand attack leaves you vulnerable after doing a 2 hit combo. Tested at bonfire intensity 99+.
- The most effective method of farming him appears to be as a hexer buffed with unleash magic where at max faith/intelligence (recommended as he tends to kill in one hit anyway, making vigor and such useless) you can net a minimum of 1,400 damage per great resonant soul with the chime of want + dark clutch ring + abyss seal.
- If you are melee only, it is highly recommended to go for 99 dexterity. Although most of the players will claim it is waste of points, dual wielding blacksteel katanas without infusion added, considering they are both +10 upgraded, you should equip Flynn's Ring and Ring of Blades +2. If you desire, get an chime in the right hand to Dark Buff left weapon, and also consider getting Dark Resin. If you do as listed, while dual wielding, the damage will work like this:
Each one of the attacks will deal 2x damage, so don't get worried if you see only 600. The first attack will deal 700 and 600 damage, depending which part of the Katana hit Giant Lord. The second one will deal 880 and 850. And the third one will most likely deal 750 and 600. And the best part of all is, this is done with NON infused weapon, which means if you decide to buff both hands, your 3-hit combo will be above 4 500. Tested on both Scholar and vanilla version.