Brightbug is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
- 20% increase in damage done and 20% decrease in damage received.
- The duration of the effect is 120 seconds, not affected by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- Cancels previously applied self buffs (Sacred Oath, Denial). The use of a self buff will also cancel the Brightbug.
- In SotFS Brightbug does cancel (Denial, Unleash magic, Numbness, Resonant flesh) but does not cancel (Sacred Oath) though Sacred Oath does cancel Brightbug. meaning that Sacred Oath needs to be used first for them to stack.
- Cannot be used if a phantom is present, even as a host.
- Can be purchased from merchant Hag Melentia (at least in limited quantity)
- Sells 3 Brightbugs for 6000 souls each, The shop will restock (3 Brightbugs ) every time one of the 4 Primal Bonfire bosses are defeated and lastly after defeating Looking Glass Knight. Price goes up each time: 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, 36k and 48k. If the previous stock has not been purchased beforehand they will leave the inventory in place of the more expensive ones.
- 1 after the Belfry Gargoyle in the area with the invader
- Aldia's Keep.
- Old Iron King DLC, Foyer bonfire: After the lifts are activated, take the first lift upwards. Run, or jump straight forward to a ledge with iron bars, under another ledge. You will find a metal chest containing 2 Brightbugs, and a crystal lizard.
- 2 in an iron chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce in the room with the once frozen mimic.
- 2 in a corpse on the floor in Cavern of the Dead (Shulva). Can be farmed with Bonfire ascetics, though this requires defeating the area boss again.
- Vendrick may or may not become enraged while using a brightbug.
- Glitches ---- The brightbug's duration seems to reset each time the player saves, and quits his, or her game.