Brightbug is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
*20% increase in damage done and received
*The duration of the effect is 120 seconds, not affected by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
*STACKS with other self buffs (Sacred Oath, Red Tearstone Ring).
*Cannot be used if a phantom is present, even as a host
- Can be purchased from merchant Hag Melentia (at least in limited quantity)
- Sells 3 Brightbugs for 6000 souls each, The shop will restock (3 Brightbus ) every time one of the 4 Primal Bonfire bosses are defeated and lastly after defeating Looking Glass Knight. Price goes up each time: 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, 36k and 48k.
- 1 after the Belfry Gargoyle in the area with the invader
- Aldia's Keep
- Old Iron King DLC, Foyer bonfire: After the lifts are activated, take the first lift upwards. Run, or jump straight forward to a ledge with iron bars, under another ledge. You will find a metal chest containing 2 Brightbugs, and a crystal lizard.
- 2 in an iron chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce in the room with the once frozen mimic.
- 2 in a corpse on the floor in Cavern of the Dead (Shulva). Can be farmed with Bonfire ascetics.
- Vendrick may or may not become enraged while using a brightbug
- Glitches ---- The brightbug's duration seems to reset each time the player saves, and quits his, or her game.