Brightbug is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
*Almost if not doubles attack and splits damage received to about half.
*The duration of the effect is 120 seconds, not affected by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
*Does not stack with other self buffs.
*Cannot be used if a phantom is present, even as a host
- Can be purchased from merchant Hag Melentia (at least in limited quantity)
- Sells 3 Brightbugs for 6000 souls each, later when all were bought another 3 for 18000 and then for 24000 each (48000 each if none were purchased before all main story bosses are defeated). The shop will restock every time one of the 4 Primal Bonfire bosses are defeated.
- 1 after the Belfry Gargoyle in the area with the invader
- Aldia's Keep
- Old Iron King DLC, Foyer bonfire: After the lifts are activated, take the first lift upwards. Run, or jump straight forward to a ledge with iron bars, under another ledge. You will find a metal chest containing 2 Brightbugs, and a crystal lizard.
- 2 in an iron chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce in the room with the once frozen mimic.
- Vendrick may or may not become enraged while using a brightbug
- Glitches ---- The brightbug's duration seems to reset each time the player saves, and quits his, or her game.