Brightbug is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
- 20% increase in damage done and 20% decrease in damage received.
- The duration of the effect is 120 seconds, not affected by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- Cancels previously applied self buffs (Sacred Oath, Denial). The use of a self buff will also cancel the Brightbug.
- Cannot be used if a phantom is present, even as a host.
- Can be purchased from merchant Hag Melentia (at least in limited quantity)
- Sells 3 Brightbugs for 6000 souls each, The shop will restock (3 Brightbugs ) every time one of the 4 Primal Bonfire bosses are defeated and lastly after defeating Looking Glass Knight. Price goes up each time: 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, 36k and 48k. If the previous stock has not been purchased beforehand they will leave the inventory in place of the more expensive ones.
- 1 after the Belfry Gargoyle in the area with the invader
- Aldia's Keep.
- Old Iron King DLC, Foyer bonfire: After the lifts are activated, take the first lift upwards. Run, or jump straight forward to a ledge with iron bars, under another ledge. You will find a metal chest containing 2 Brightbugs, and a crystal lizard.
- 2 in an iron chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce in the room with the once frozen mimic.
- 2 in a corpse on the floor in Cavern of the Dead (Shulva). Can be farmed with Bonfire ascetics, though this requires defeating the area boss again.
- Vendrick may or may not become enraged while using a brightbug.
- Glitches ---- The brightbug's duration seems to reset each time the player saves, and quits his, or her game.