Brightbug is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
- 20% increase in damage done and 20% decrease in damage received.
- The duration of the effect is 120 seconds, not affected by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- Cancels previously applied self buffs (Sacred Oath, Denial). The use of a self buff will also cancel the Brightbug.
- In SotFS Brightbug does cancel (Denial, Unleash magic, Numbness, Resonant flesh) but does not cancel (Sacred Oath) though Sacred Oath does cancel Brightbug. meaning that Sacred Oath needs to be used first for them to stack.
- Cannot be used if a phantom is present, even as a host.
- Can be purchased from merchant Hag Melentia (at least in limited quantity)
- Sells 3 Brightbugs for 6000 souls each, The shop will restock (3 Brightbugs ) every time one of the 4 Primal Bonfire bosses are defeated and lastly after defeating Looking Glass Knight. Price goes up each time: 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, 36k and 48k. If the previous stock has not been purchased beforehand they will leave the inventory in place of the more expensive ones.
- 1 after the Belfry Gargoyle in the area with the invader
- Aldia's Keep.
- Old Iron King DLC, Foyer bonfire: After the lifts are activated, take the first lift upwards. Run, or jump straight forward to a ledge with iron bars, under another ledge. You will find a metal chest containing 2 Brightbugs, and a crystal lizard.
- 2 in an iron chest in Frozen Eleum Loyce in the room with the once frozen mimic.
- 2 in a corpse on the floor in Cavern of the Dead (Shulva). Can be farmed with Bonfire ascetics, though this requires defeating the area boss again.
- Glitches ---- If a player quits out while a Brightbug is active and the player character has the wet status then when the player reloads the game the Brightbug will have an infinite duration.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
**** spending 144k with Brightbugs, all my homies embrace Sacred Oath
Vendrick showed no sign of acting any different while using a brightbug
save them all for lud and zallen bossfight. never failed me yet
I feel this item exists because the devs know DS2 isn't thier best work and gave us a temporary easy mode.
i dont care how good 20% damage dealt/20% incoming damage decreased is, i'm not spending all my souls for one
alonne beating my ass right now i probably could wait for his specific attacks but im lazy im going greedy mode
Never used one of these, seems like the ultimate anti-frustration tool?
Using a pharros mask will make you wet and thus be able to apply the inifinite duration glitch whereever you are
Using a brightbug while wet and quiting out makes it infinite unless you warp or die.
Item ****ing saved me from Fume Knight bossfight. Got my ass pounded 10 or so times, then popped this and beat the dude first attempt.
"Cancels previously applied self buffs (Sacred Oath, Denial). The use of a self buff will also cancel the Brightbug." - this page
"Stacks with Red Tearstone Ring (x1,255) and Brightbug (x1,2)" - the Sacred Oath page
which is it?
wish i knew about this before defeating Fume knight :/
That jump from the elevator in the Iron Crown DLC can go ***** itself.
You can’t summon after using one, but you can use one before you summon. (Atleast with the “Head of Vengarl” outside of nashandra, I’m on SotFS)
>Cannot be used if a phantom is present Cannot be used if shade is present either
they are a godsend! the ultimate hidden weapon, I must admit i don't generally use items in dark souls but when the blue smelter demon repeatedly kicked my hide I needed to look for a tactical edge and the bright bug delivered in spades, beat him first time using this. Instead of summoning (which I don't like myself) try one of these next time you get stuck
I play on ps3 on the latest patch. Why don't brightbugs exist in the game? And yet I see nothing about it? O.o"
does it affects throwable items like throwing knifes and bombs?
"*Almost if not doubles attack and splits damage received to about half. "
That's not at all true, no idea where they got that from. It's more like 20% more damage done, 20% less damage taken.
Dark souls 2 lmao
Tip for anyone doing anything hard at all.
Stockpile these. Its outrageous how strong even the weakest weapons can become when you use these. I cant believe i didnt use any during my no death no fires run. Seriously its borderline cheating. 8 hit killed a Ruin Sentinel on NG7
They are practically cheating, 1 brightbug == 1 boss instakill.
You can buy 1 brightbug for 6000 as soon as you reach FotFG, (later on) 12000, (even more later on) 24000 and finally it caps at 48000. They restock each time the price changes, I've bought them each time and I'm kinda of skeptical if they restock after the price hits 48000 but I'm not 100% sure because I don't really know what causes them to change the prices nor causes them to restock.