Ashen Knight Boyd
|-||-||Brightstone Cove Tseldora||-|
Ashen Knight Boyd is an NPC in Dark Souls 2
Ashen Knight Boyd Information
- Ashen knight Boyd is a Royal Soldier, Much like Masterless Glencour.
- Good at distracting Duke's Dear Freja during the boss fight as well as dealing a good chunk of damage provided if he does not hit her shell. Also very useful for taking care of the spiders.
- Unlike most other royal soldiers encountered, Boyd Wields an Estoc, instead of the traditional Shield and spear
- Is capable of healing himself but not a huge amount (It heals just as the Estus, but significantly weaker)
- Glitch: When summoning him for the fight against Freja, he runs to you right away rather than starting from the "standing up" animation the moment he spawns as a summon
- In SotFS: When summoned against the Looking Glass Knight, he seems to take advantage of the Estoc's shield piercing ability when attacking the shield-side of the Looking Glass Knight and can also sometimes instantly attacks and even backstabs recently-spawned player Mirror Squires, especially while they are still stuck waiting for the loading screen to finish
Brightstone Cove Tseldora. Found behind a pillar, on the bottom floor of the web-filled room preceding The Duke's Dear Freja's boss room.
King's Passage. Found just outside the boss room for the Looking Glass Knight.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
COOL, I love the royal soldiers like Boyd and Vorgel
is it possible to obtain Boyd's armor?
Ray was outside Looking Glass Knight after hard lesson being in Covenant of Champions - don't be. As for this NPC, none other guides mention it nor did I ever see his summon sign.
This is gonna help a lot
Wonder if his title "Ashen Knight" is a hint toward Dark Souls III?
Freya is a horrid fight in ng+ you get easily gangbanged not to mention great sword user constantly bounce off her mandibles.