Cromwell the Pardoner is an NPC in Dark Souls 2
Cromwell the Pardoner Information
- Forgives Sins at the cost of 1,000 souls per soul level.
- Forgiving sin only removes the aggro from NPCs if you have managed to make them hostile, and not the sin level.
- Gives Ring of Resistance if Faith is above 35.
Brightstone Cove Tseldora. Walk from the Chapel Threshold bonfire back towards the Chapel where Prowling Magus & Congregation is fought. There are small alcoves to the left and right of the entrance of the Chapel. On the right side of the entrace in the alcove you will find a ladder. Cromwell waits inside the attic after climbing up.
|Scraps of Life||Hexes||2.200|
|Cursebite Ring||Increases Curse resistance||9.000|
|Poisonbite Ring||Increases Poison resistance||5.500|
|Bloodbite Ring||Increases Bleed resistance||7.000|
|Dark Troches||Consumable. Increases Dark resistance||1.200|
|White Priest Headpiece||4.500|
|White Priest Robe||5.000|
|White Priest Gloves||4.600|
|White Priest Skirt||4.800|
- When first met
Something seems to be bothering you.
Yes, yes, I can tell. It is written upon your face.
You have doubts, about something you did.
I am Cromwell.
Regret, anguish, disillusion, bewilderment. What wonderful gifts they are.
Together, they are the essence of life. Don't you agree?
- When talking a second time
But now, you are lost, bewildered by your own actions.
You poor little thing.
Yes, yes, how tiny and frail are we.
But if your heart is yet sincere, your sins will be forgiven.
Now is the chance. Demonstrate your sincerity to me.
- When talking to him to open the interaction menu
Ask that your sins be forgiven.
I, Cromwell, will pardon your sins.
- When leaving, having used his services
We must never forget our sins.
- When leaving, without having used his services
Whenever you are ready.
- When walking off without closing the menu
You will always find me here.
- When asking for pardon
You seek indulgence? Then tell me of your transgression.
- Answer "yes"
…Your sin has been forgiven.
May your contrition be sincere and enduring.
- Answer "no"
Then, you wish to stand and face your own sins?
Such virtuous fortitude is rare, and I sincerely commend it.
- Using 'Talk' option
Anyone can be forgiven, as long as he is sincere.
No matter how terrible the sin.
Surely, we all deserve mercy, yes.
- When giving equipment to the player
These are for you.
We all deserve mercy, every last one of us.
- When attacked but not aggroed
- When attacked and aggroed
You are a cold beast.
- When killing the player
Forgive this poor soul…
- When re-encountered after aggroing
- When attacked and health is under 50%
- When killed
(whimpering and sighing; no subtitles)