Lucatiel of Mirrah is an NPC in Dark Souls 2
Lucatiel of Mirrah Information
Lucatiel of Mirrah is from the land of Mirrah, the far east, known as a land of knights.
Although she was born in an underprivileged social rank, her skills on the battlefield let her become a knight, but then the accursed sign appeared on her body. She came to Drangleic to find a way to undo the curse. In combat she wields a sword and shield with finesse. She is also Undead, much like the Bearer of the Curse of Dark Souls II; her mask covers her face, but the area around her left eye has begun to rot, looking much like it does on the average hollow. She seems to harbor concerns more so about her memory rather than the process of actually turning hollow, going so far as to ponder over who will remember her after she does turn hollow. At first, she has no desire to get to know the Bearer of the Curse, but upon approaching her once more she will tell the Bearer of the Curse that they are peculiar for wanting to befriend her, and will henceforth offer her assistance after exhausting all of her dialogue options.
Her brother, Aslatiel of Mirrah, later invades as a black phantom in Aldia's Keep. She expresses concern over him in earlier dialogue, saying that despite her skills in swordsmanship, she had never personally bested her brother in combat.
- On the pier before the Flexile Sentry ship.
- At the bottom of the Sinners' Rise lift.
- Can be summoned for Smelter Demon.
- Can be summoned for The Rotten.
- Can be summoned in the Grand Cathedral for the Burnt Ivory King.
No-Man's Wharf. Dark Souls II: Right next to the first and only bonfire.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: Found in the building to the left after the first set of stairs.
The Lost Bastille. From the McDuff's Workshop bonfire up the stairs to the tower straight ahead, or from The Tower Apart bonfire the tower across the broken pathway. She leans against a wall in the tower.
Earthen Peak. Dark Souls II: At the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: After entering Earthen Peak, go down towards the poison-filled water and follow the passage to the right. In the room adjacent to this passage you will find her.
Black Gulch. The most hidden of her locations. From the first bonfire in Black Gulch stick close to the edge. Before the first tar pools you can spot a small ledge below. Using a torch is strongly advised to see it. Drop down and follow the path to find her leaning against a wall.
- First encounter
- What is it?
I don't know you, and you don't know me.
Things are better that way.
Heh heh. You are an odd one.
Normally, people keep a safe distance when they see this mask. But you…
I am called Lucatiel.
From the land of Mirrah, to the far east. across the mountains.
They say Drangleic brims with powerful souls.
And so I came to claim my share.
But what a strange place…Even the rumours did not prepare me.
- You are an odd one, indeed. I've always made a point of avoiding people.
While you've made a point of engaging me.
I can see that you are mid-journey. If you require assistance, I will help you.
I come from Mirrah, a land of knights. My sword is always ready.
Don't hesitate to call upon me. Whatever happens, I won't be missed…
- Second encounter
- I thought that might be you. You haven't changed a bit, have you? Heh heh.
The longer I am here, the more madness I discover.
A wretched place, indeed, but not without traces of its former glory.
What could have caused such degradation?
- Ah, yes, I have not thanked you for humouring me the other day.
This is for you.
Of course, I've no idea what it is. Heh heh.
- Our land of Mirrah is surrounded by enemies, and constantly at war.
There is only one way up in Mirrah. Join the Order, and prove yourself in battle.
My family had little fortune, and no name. I had to carve out a piece of the world for myself…
…with two things. My sword, and my loyalty to my Lord.
- I was raised to wield a sword from birth.
Life was hard, but I never gave it a second thought.
I had swift success on the battlefield, and quickly attained respectable stature.
And then I…
And then I came here… to…
- Have you heard of the Undead? These poor souls affected by the curse.
An Undead gradually loses his humanity, until his wits degrade completely.
Finally, he turns Hollow, and preys upon others.
And a Hollow can never be human again.
One can skirt this wicked fate only with the help of the souls found here.
Assuming, of course, that the legends are true.
I can only hope…that they are.
- I'm sorry…to burden you with talk of my fate.
I suppose I've grown weary these days.
- Third encounter
- Still on the road, are you?
Sorry to have burdened you so.
This is for you, by way of an apology.
- I've found my thoughts growing hazy.
My memories are fading, oldest first.
The curse is doing its work upon me.
I am frightened…Terribly so…
If everything should fade…What will be left of me…
- I had an older brother. We learned to fence together.
He became the most decorated swordsman in all of Mirrah.
I never even compared to him.
In fact, I never beat him, not once.
But then, one day…he was gone, lost without a trace.
Now I'm certain. That he was taken, by the curse.
- If only someone would hear my tale…
My brother must have come here, too.
Soon, I may forget even about him…
- Fourth encounter
My thoughts…are very…scattered…
- What is this curse?
The question rings in my mind, but I haven't the focus to answer it.
- Loss frightens me no end. Loss of memory, loss of self.
If I were told that by killing you, I would be freed of this curse…
Then I would draw my sword without hesitation.
I don't want to die, I want to exist.
I would sacrifice anything, anything at all for this.
It shames me, but it is the truth.
- Sometimes, I feel obsessed… with this insignificant thing called "self".
But even so, I am compelled to preserve it.
Am I wrong to feel so? Surely you'd do the same, in my shoes?
Maybe we're all cursed…
From the moment we're born…
- Encounter in Aldia's Keep
- Who are you…
Oh…No, forgive me… I know you…Yes, of course.
- How goes your journey?
I know not what you seek in this far-away land…
But I pray for your safety.
- My name is Lucatiel.
I beg of you, remember my name.
For I may not myself…
- When giving equipment to the player
Please take these.
Consider this thanks, for keeping me sane…
- When attacked but not aggroed
What's become of you!
That will be quite enough!
- When attacked and aggroed
If this is your wish, so be it.
- When killing the player
- When re-encountered after aggroing
If you really insist…
- When attacked and health is under 50%
I won't die in this foul place!
- When killed
Oh…My dear brother…
Please…find my brother…
- Dying can be used to reset the encounter if Lucatiel dies before you can kill the boss. You can also can use Homeward Bone, the Homeward Miracle, or the Aged Feather to reset the encounter returning you to your last visited bonfire in the process.
- Using the Redeye Ring will cause enemies to focus on you and help prevent Lucatiel from dying prematurely, as she is apt to do. While she is slow to attack, if your elusion is consistent it is possible for Lucatiel to defeat bosses entirely on her own. (For some reason Flexile Sentry as well as The Lost Sinner both went fully aggro on Lucatiel although I used the Red Eye Ring)
- No-Man's Wharf is a reasonable area to attempt to farm her armor set by using Bonfire Ascetics. However, while the boss is relatively simple, the boss does scale upwards dependent on bonfire level. Anything above 1 and the boss will include both the Flexile Sentry and the Suspicious Shadow unique enemies. If one is attempting to farm the Shadow Set, this would be the most opportune time to do so. However, this does make the Redeye Ring method significantly more difficult, as three enemies will be focused on the player, rather than one. That being said, Suspicious Shadows are not terribly powerful, and if dispatched quickly, the Sentry is perhaps the easiest boss to summon her for.
- Using the above method, you can easily get the items from Lucatiel by resetting the Rotten boss fight three times. This is a relatively easy fight where both you and Lucatiel are unlikely to die. Both the bonfire and Lucatiel's summon sign are close to the fog gate leading to the boss so it can be done quickly as well. This is the fastest and easiest method of obtaining Lucatiel's equipment. However, the region around the Rotten can be an annoyance as she is also susceptible to the poison statues, meaning on higher difficulties, the Rotten may be able to drop her if he switches aggro. That said, this is still the simplest way to farm her equipment.
- It is significantly more difficult to summon Lucatiel for the Smelter Demon fight, such that it is recommended to not use her for it. The Smelter Demon is somewhat unique in that his defenses scale up by 1/2 for each phantom present. Meaning he will be taking 50% damage with her in the fight. This coupled with the relatively powerful, and shield-penetrating damage done during the fight, makes Smelter Demon a poor choice for earning her three fights.
- The Lost Sinner is an acceptable area to summon her, if the player can manage to clear the approach. However, much like the Flexile Sentry, on higher difficulties, Black Phantom Pyromancers will be accompanying this boss, making it significantly more difficult. It is recommended that should the player wish to summon her here, that they complete the Belfry Luna optional area to get the Bastille Key in the original game (Don't need to do it in SOTF because the key was relocated to right after the Servant's Quarter bonfire). This will allow the player to light up the room, making it easier to keep track of the boss. Furthermore, the boss seems to move slower with the lights on, making surviving her combos much easier