|Requirements & Bonus|
Catarina Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Helm/Armor/Gauntlets/Leggings-Distinctively shaped apparel worn by the Knights of Catarina.
Outside Catarina, they are often ridiculed for their Onion-like shape, infuriating the proud knights, but masterfully forged curved design makes it very effective for parrying."
"Odd helmet/armor/gauntles/leggings shaped like an onion.
This [armor piece] appears rather absurd, but its multi-faced construction is in fact quite practical as it effectively deflects physical attacks.
The old tales speak of brave Catarina knight wearing this [armor piece] as they rushed courageously into battle."
- Rare drop from NPC Dark Spirit Catarina Knight in Forest of Fallen Giants (NG+).
- Helm is in one of the 5 chests in a room right after the entrance to Dragon's Sanctum (Crown of the Sunken King DLC).
- Gauntlets and leggings are found behind a breakable wall in the room past the Foyer bonfire in Brume Tower (Crown of the Old Iron King DLC). The wall can be destroyed by blowing up a Barrel Carrier next to it (firebombs won't do).
- Chestpiece is found in Frozen Eleum Loyce (Crown of the Ivory King DLC), in one of the 5 frozen chests before the bridge on the way to Inner Wall bonfire.
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- Chestpiece makes the character wield weapons in a slightly different stance, due to big belly presumably. Very noticeable with daggers, straight swords, katanas and curved swords while two-handling.
Piece Information & Upgrades
First row = Regular. Second row = +5
|Name & Icon|
|Catarina Helm C 9 4.5 95|
|Catarina Armor A 25 11.7 95|
|Catarina Gauntlets C 13 6.9 95|
|Catarina Leggings C 13 6.9 95|
Only true *****s remember farming this set at the forest back in the day
The pain you have to endure to look this fabulous is worth it
ayo michelin wtf
Most unrealistic thing about this game is that an onion would invade you. Those guys are always so nice
The neck part of the armour looks like a toilet seat.
This set is LOOKS UGLY!!!!! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE A WRETCHED SOUL WILL LIKE THIS SET ESPECIALLY SIEGMEYER AND SIEGWARD OF CATARINA... WAIT CATARINA?? I MEANT OF SHT!!!!!!!!
Long may the sun shine!
I'm really impressed how they treat Catarina set as some legendary artefact in DS2.
It's not as easy as DS3 who suggest you to kill Siegward to get it.
The Onion Knight invader is really hard to kill if you dont have good weopons.
mine wasnt there
"oh! forgive me, I was absorbed in though"
got killed by one of the icicle women when I killed the mimic so ig thats no chest piece for me then
Just think about what this means. In dark souls 2 most of the kingdoms in dark souls 1 have fallen and are forgotten. But not Catarina. They may have fallen but their legacy survived to procure tales of hundreds of Catarina knights riding into battle. There is even a intact suit of armor. And the player actually knows where it comes from ingame!
It's so special that the pieces are hidden in all three DLCs
Long may the Sun shine!
i opened all the chest and never got the helm
The Dark spirit respawn ?
onion armor is good?
"I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FACE MY WRATH!!!"
so pay to get this armor, am i right?
I'm glad they put this in the DLCs so we don't have to painfully farm for them.
Lets have a toast! Long may the sun shine.
forest of the giants
YES! SIR SIGMEYER WILL LIVE ON!!!