|Requirements & Bonus|
Penal Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Mask of the Lost Sinner. The spikes pointing inward suggest that this was not only used to blind prisoners, but to torture them as well." Effect: Raises equipment load
"Straightjacket of the Lost Sinner. A tightly cinched belt presses against the waist."
"Handcuffs of the Lost Sinner. Increases the power of pyromancy. A device used to restrict use of the hands." Effect: Raises power of pyromancies
"Skirt worn by the Lost Sinner. A tattered skirt that the guilty wear in shame."
"By now, no one knows who this was used to punish, or for what reason."
- Sold by Maughlin the Armourer (29,5k) once The Lost Sinner is defeated (spend 15k souls at Maughlin's shop to unlock boss armor sets).
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- Mask offers the highest fire defense.
- Mask is the only piece offering Poise bonus. It also has increased durability compared to other pieces.
- Mask increases equip load by ~3%.
- Test: 100.0 equip load without mask, 103.1 with it.
- Handcuffs offer the highest fire defense (equal to that of Smelter Demon gauntlets).
- Handcuffs increase the strength of pyromancy by 7.4% (test results required).(7.4% seems to be correct, 779 Great Fireball damage with, and 725 damage without it, that's a 7.44% increase in damage, tested vs undead jailers and mounted overseers)
Piece Information & Upgrades
First row = Regular. Second row = +5
|Name & Icon|
|Penal Mask D 5 5.1 120|
|Penal Straightjacket B 0 6.2 55|
|Penal Handcuffs D 0 4.8 55|
|Penal Skirt D 0 4.8 55|
Wear the chest and leg piece with the shaded mask and dark gauntlets while fully hollowed. There, S tier creepy/badass dark souls fashion. You're welcome.
the chestpiece looks somewhat like a brigandine even if it is not supposed to be armor, too bad the chain on the neck removes the bottom part of headpieces like royal swordsman and royal soldier
1 8 P E R C E N T C O N C E N T R A T E D P O W E R OF P A I N
You don't need to buy 15k souls worth of items from Maughlin to get this. You just need to spend the first 1k and kill the Lost Sinner.
Closest thing to a poncho I'm gonna get i guess
Mask of the Father
Yep it even has those inward spikes.
is it just me or does the penal mask look like the mask from jojo's bizarre adventure?