King's Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
King's Ring Effects
- Opens the King's Gate doors located in Drangleic Castle (near first bonfire), Forest of Fallen Giants (at the bottom of the ladder near the second bonfire), and Shaded Woods (Up the middle path near the Ruined Forked Road bonfire)
- The ring only needs to be equipped the first time a player opens a door. Afterward, the player may reopen King's Gate doors by standing near them.
- Also adds slight damage boost of +5 to Pyromancy Flame & Black Witch's Staff, adds damage to fire based weapons. Any weapon or catalyst that deals fire damage is given the +5 bonus. In most cases within NG+, you will only see a +1 AR difference if whatever you're using to attack has more than one damage output. (ie fire and lightning).
- Increases damage of pyromancies by 0.5-1%
- Best to be paired with +5 Penal Handcuffs.
- In SOTFS HD when you equip the ring it seems the statues in drangleic castle aren't hostile.
King's Ring Locations
- King Vendrick will be walking around near the ring. He will not be hostile towards the player. Attacking with massive amounts of damage will cause him to turn hostile and engage a boss fight which will put up a fog wall at the entrance. If the player dies a new fog wall will be infront of the room which houses King Vendrick.
- Talking to the old firekeeper in Things Betwixt after obtaining the ring will net 6 Human Effigies. If soul level 1 then she will not give the effigies and will only say to "go along now."
- Talking to Grave Warden Agdayne after getting the ring will net Agdayne's armor and the Darkdrift katana.
- Ring is removed from player's inventory upon entering a new game cycle.
- Upon obtaining the ring, Stone Trader Chloanne will sell various infusion stones.