Ring of Soul Protection
Ring of Soul Protection is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Ring of Soul Protection Effects
Do not turn Hollow or lose Souls upon death, immune to petrification. Breaks when activated but can be repaired for 6000 Souls (14000 in SotFS?).
Ring of Soul Protection Locations
- The Gutter
- SotFS: From the first bonfire, go across the bridge, straight across the platform to the next bridge to another platform. Take the bridge to the right which leads to a platform with a ramp leading up. Take the ramp up, then drop down to the rock ledge below (with puddles of tar). Facing the rock wall, go left and drop down to a small rock ledge (if you go right facing the wall, you will drop down to a wooden bridge leading back to the bonfire). Drop from the ledge to a small balcony of a building containing some pots and enemies, then drop down again to the rock floor. Circle around the building to the right; next to the opening there is a ladder, take it up to the top. At the top of the ladder, to your immediate left you will see a metal chest on rock floor. Jump across the gap to the chest; the ring is within!
- Sold by Head of Vengarl for 8000 souls once per playthrough (not available in SotFS?)
- This ring is available as a drop from a black phantom in NG+ (does not work with Ascetic: tried it at both the Grave of Saints' and Majula's). At the lowest floor of the pit in Majula, the part with the 'Exploding Hollows', a black phantom will drop this ring along with a +5 Dingy Set.
- This ring will break either when you die or when the Petfrification bar fills up. If it breaks after you are petrified once, it will NOT protect you from death afterwards and you WILL lose your souls and humanity when you die.
- If you die without this ring equipped, you can equip it, and essentially die a second time and your original bloodstain will NOT disappear. This is most likely because you are not dropping a new bloodstain when you die with this ring on. This also applies to the Ring of Life Protection. This is a great way to retrieve souls if you do not want to wear this ring 100% of the time, and instead simply equip it when it's needed.
There is no humanity in DS2