Ashen Crawler is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
Ashen Crawler Information
A strange unknown being...
- Brume Tower, in the abandoned tower housing the Scorching Iron Scepter.
- Bonfire Ascetic
- Dung Pie
- Wilted Dusk Herb
- Their grab attack seems to deal massive poise damage, but it leaves them comically vulnerable. Bait it, run back and get some cheeky hits in.
- The Sorcery "Yearn" works on these enemies, potent when used against groups.
- They have a move where they begin a suicide countdown, signified by their face and chest glowing red and emitting a high-pitched whining noise. They will only use it when it close proximity to the player, so be sure to roll away when you hear or see it coming. They CAN deactivate their suicide mid-countdown, if the player runs too far away in the middle of it.
- Watch out when using fire against them! This can include pyromances, fire-infused weapons, weapons that already have fire-damage like the Black Knight arsenal, or even melee attacks with Torches. Once they have been struck with a fire attack, their lower half will start flaming and smoking violently. They will now deal slightly more melee damage, and they will also have an aura of damage, similar to Immolation.
- Once lit on fire, they can NO LONGER CANCEL their suicide. If they're on fire and they start that countdown, they cannot stop and they will blow up magnificently, even if you run all the way back to the Iron Keep.
- Lunge-grab: Lunges forward with a grab, deals a significant amount of poise and stamina damage. Can knock down the player.
- Arm-slap: Swings its arms to attack the player, extremely short range. After the second swipe, they will flop onto their belly, leaving them vulnerable for a few seconds and giving a window to strike.
- Initiate suicide: Glows red-hot and explodes after a couple of seconds. Deals extremely high damage, even through shields. (Deals fire damage? Unconfirmed). Normally cancellable if the player runs too far out of reach, but once the player lights them on fire, they can no longer cancel their suicide.
- In the room where Quicksword Rachel invades, there are several bowls filled with what seems like oil. The player can light these like other torch sconces. The interesting thing is that the sconces can light the Ashen Crawlers on fire if they move too close to them.
- Defeated Ashen Crawlers will subtract 6 seconds from the duration of a co-op session. See Online for more detailed information about Multiplayer Time Limits.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!