Maldron the Assassin
Maldron the Assassin is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
Maldron the Assassin Information
The armor set he wears is a combination of the Alva Helm, Royal Swordsman Armor, Heide Knight Gauntlets and Royal Swordsman Leggings. He also uses the Rebel's Greatshield and the Heide Greatlance.
- In Brume Tower, this red phantom will run downstairs towards the Ashen Idol to heal up when his health is around 50% (luring you into an ambush/cursing area if not cleared beforehand). It is possible to kill him on the way down.
- His Heide Greatlance does not deal lightning damage.
- He's also able to guard break and backstab you.
- Will perform the "Mock" gesture if he kills the player in Brume Tower
- In Eleum Loyce, he has quite the behavior. Upon encountering him, he will do the "Righty-Ho" or "Wave" gesture followed by the "Welcome" gesture. After that he will stand in front of you until he finds an opportunity to backstab you. He will do the "No Way" gesture if you take a while looking at him and then you get one-shotted by his backstab or he will do the "Decapitate" gesture after he one-shot backstabs you right away, one-shot backstabs you after turning the lever ahead of him, or attacking him then he kills you in any way. If you do attack him, he runs away to a dead end by the gate to the Covetous Demon where there's an Ice Hedgehog there so he can drink Estus, or if you've already opened the gate he runs through and he hides by the demon. If you fall down the ledge before you find him he somehow manages to lure the nearby white Covetous Demon to you where he now makes his final stand against you. If he wins he will do the "Mock" gesture or the "Decapitation" gesture depending on how much HP he and the Covetous Demon have remaining. He does "Mock" if they both have 50%+ HP left upon your death or "Decapitate" gesture if both have below 50% HP left upon your death.
- Be wary of his dashing attack since it can knock you down the tower, falling to your death.
- Possible to have enemies turn against him with a Seed of a Tree of Giants at Brume Tower encounter, but not during second encounter in Crown of the Ivory King.
- However he can be used for turning against invaders along with other non-phantom enemies with Seed of a Tree of Giants at Crown of the Ivory King.