|Resistance||Magic, Fire, Lightning, Dark|
Forlorn is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
"Born of Aldia's Obsession with the First Sin, the Forlorn lost both their corporeal form and a world to call their own. Now they drift into other worlds, ever in search of a home. But without self, one has neither beginning nor end, and so the Forlorn have only to wander."
- Black Gulch (chance to spawn near the worms. TP: near the first tar pool from the first bonfire)
- Forest of Fallen Giants (chance to spawn in front of the king's door area where the syan knight is. TP:the doorway to the "balcony")
- Huntsman's Copse (guaranteed to spawn when approaching the leftmost side of the map where that butterfly sits on the top of a tree in the Bridge Approach area. NOTE: they are actually tied to the Undead Refuge bonfire, so that's where you should use Bonfire Ascetics if you want to replenish their spawns)
- Harvest Valley (chance to spawn in front of the Covetous Demon's fog gate. TP: entering the upper hallway dotted with poison pots)
- Iron Keep (chance to spawn on the bridge (that gets smashed) to the right as you exit Ironhearth Hall. TP: the doorway to the bridge)
- Dragon Aerie (chance to spawn on the last pillar that connects Dragon Aerie with Dragon Shrine)
- The Lost Bastille (1.chance to spawn on the road that connects McDuff's bonfire and The Tower Apart tower in which Lucatiel resides in. TP:reaching the top of the stairs from McDuff's bonfire /// 2.chance to spawn in the Exile Holding Cells bonfire area near the exit of the prison. TP:reaching the exit, maybe a little further where the first explosive barrel is)
- Shaded Woods (chance to spawn somewhere in the misty forest with the ghosts. TP: passing through the doorway leading into the area from the ruined fork road)
- Drangleic Castle (chance to spawn on the long bridge that leads into Drangleic Castle)
- Aldia's Keep (summoned after you have lit each torch sconce, no invader notification will be shown)
- Frozen Eleum Loyce (Outer Wall Bonfire)
*TP=spawn trigger point
- Human Effigy
- Souls: NG: ? NG+: ? NG+7: ?
- There are two variants of Forlorn that will invade the player. One wields a greatsword while the other posesses a scythe. Both used to be female, according to their character model.
- Like many invading NPCs the Forlorn will make use of evasive maneuvers, such as rolling and backstepping, along with parrying and jumping attacks to bring the player down.
- They can be stunlocked by sorceries, however if the player is unable to stunlock them or misses, there is a high chance the Forlorn will follow up with an attack while the player is vulnerable to deal massive damage.
- They will actively dodge through spells, using melee attacks instead is highly recommended.
- They seemingly rotate through strategies, one of which being in guard mode for a set amount of time. In guard mode they circle around you while holding their weapon up. Use this opportunity to perform a guard break on them and deal massive amounts of damage by using the counter attack animation. They will never attack while guarding during this time, so you don't have to worry about a surprise attack. When they move towards you with their guard up, they are NOT in guard mode so pay attention.
- While attempting to force a spawn, it's recommended to add and select your Homeward Bone, Aged Feather or Darksign on your belt, since they become unavailable for use during an invasion. As soon as an invasion is not triggered you should use any of those items and repeat.
- If you choose Darksign, consider using the Agape Ring with it to protect your soul memory.
- Each randomly spawned and defeated Forlorn unlocks a piece of their armor for purchase at Straid of Olaphis. You cannot unlock their weapons before unlocking their armor first. You must defeat a scythe variant Forlorn after defeating 4 chance spawned forlorns in order to unlock the Scythe of the Forlorn. Same goes for the greatsword. The unlock progression carries over to NG+.
- Undead Crypt (chance to spawn in the hallway blocked by the two undead wielding giant shields. TP: the room where you fight Lici-cough Nameless Usurper.)
- Shrine of Amana (chance to spawn on the ridge accessed through a wooden door inside the Tower of Prayer. TP: the end of the ridge where the chest and basilisk is)
- Shulva, Sanctum City (chance to spawn at the lower end of the stairs that lead down to the bridge that Sinh airstrikes upon first approach. TP: the beginning/top of the stairs or the middle)
- Among the Forlorn's many moves, two of them have the potential to go pass your shield and do some damage. An overhead attack and the back sweep both can bypass the player's shield's defenses to inflict some damage
- Human Effigy
- Souls: NG: ? NG+: ? NG+7: ?