Armorer Dennis is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
Armorer Dennis Information
A Red Phantom with a wide array of spells at his disposal.
Only appears in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.
- Can be stunlocked using Heavy Great Hammer and Ultra Greatsword 2H attacks (found on Wikidot page)
- Attack him during his cast animations to interrupt his spells, but mind his Soul Greatswords and panic Soul Flashes (found on Wikidot page)
- He uses a very predictable three-hit combo when tangling in melee. Hide behind your shield long enough to pick up the up-down-up rhythm and you can consistently parry his third swing in no time (found on Wikidot page)
- Roll to his right side during his sword attacks, then use a 1H Mace or Hammer to strike until poise break, and then attempt to backstab during his recovery frames. Move quickly so he doesn't roll away. This strategy has been tested with the Craftsman's Hammer +2.
- A 100% Magic Damage Resistance shield, or any shield imbued with the Magic Shield Sorcery, can help to tank his spells, although it is recommended to evade his spells with movement rather than blocking due to stability and stamina loss from blocking
- Equipping Spell Quartz Ring or using the Magic Barrier miracle can also assist in tanking damage
- There is a summon sign for Ruined Aflis between the Cardinal Tower and Soldier's Rest bonfires, which can make the Forest of the Fallen Giants fight way easier
- May be able to summon Lucatiel to make the Iron Keep fight easier (requires further testing)
- Can be cheesed in Forest of the Fallen Giants by retreating to the top of the stairs before the dark skeleton hallway and hitting him with a bow and arrows from atop the stairs (requires further testing)
- Twin Dragon Greatshield (can be bought from Maughlin the Armorer) and Flame Longsword (found in a chest in a tunnel with a Flame Lizard) can be used to bait and counter with limited spell usage for a slow yet safe fight (strategy contributed from comments section)
- Red Iron Twinblade moveset is very effective for stunlocking (strategy contributed from comments section)
- For those who are feeling particularly sadistic, a Seed of a Tree of Giants can be selected as a starting item on the character select screen, and used for this fight. Armorer Dennis + Giant Tree Seed + A half dozen Ironclad Knights = Dennis Pancakes (strategy contributed from comments section)
- Uses Blue Flame sword moveset and blocks with Grand Spirit Tree Shield
- Melee attacks seem to only include 3x 1H swings before rolling away and casting a random spell
- Many Sorceries including Soul Greatsword, Soul Spear, Soul Vortex, and Soul Flash
- Can be cheesed in Iron Keep by exploiting his AI and forcing him to fall into lava or stand on a magma rock
- Can be poisoned
- Greets the player with the Decapitate gesture